micro USB port doesn't charge or connect USBSupport

Last Updated:

1. oconnelm

oconnelm New Member

I've had this phone for 3 days and only charged it once from its initial 50% charge to full capacity. Now it's down to 28 and won't take a charge from a wall socket or the USB port. It also doesn't recognize when the USB port is connected to the PC. I did a hard reboot and downloaded the latest USB drivers from Samsung, to no effect. Compared to my old phone, the micro USB port does feel looser with some wiggle room, but I've played with it extensively without getting either battery or USB connection.
    Ideas?

Advertisement
  2. oconnelm

oconnelm New Member

Upon another Power down while still plugged into the micro USB adapter, the phone started cycling through the name SAMSUNG, followed by a battery with one green strip and several small circles below it the leftmost of which is white, then a black screen and then begin again.
    Odd because I powered down and it entered the loop, odd because it's looping, and odd because it happens when plugged into either power or a USB port. Clearly something is going on with the charging system as it was the first problem and now it is showing up in power down. I just don't know what.
  3. IGryll

IGryll Member

I really hate that no one replies to these kind of threads Professionals should attend more towards these complicated problems
  4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I am sorry that no one who could help here saw this in a more timely fashion.
    Staff here tries to get into all of the forums here as often as possible, and somehow this thread got overlooked.
    I would recommend that it be returned to the service provider or the nearest service center for some troubleshooting. That's what I would do. It may be repairable, or may need to be replaced.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We're not a help desk and we're not support, we're all just users helping users.

I would consider that the USB cable is likely bad, but after not hearing from the OP for three weeks, I can only hope that they have it sorted by now.
    damewolf13 likes this.