Micro Usb To Ethernet, Used To Gain Internet On PS3???Support

Last Updated:

1. ChaosReins831

ChaosReins831 New Member

Hey Guys,
    I have a BoostMobile ZTE WARP/N860.
    I have no root as I have no computer. Looking to get Internet on my PS3.
    I understand you can not use the PS3 USB port so I'm looking to purchase a Micro Usn to Ethernet Cord which I will direct connect to the PS3. In theory this should be a very simple solution to the Shifty no Wifi Hotsoot if you have no Root predicament correct? Is there any additional software, Other than a USB Tether app such as barnacles, That may need install?

2. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

You don't need a computer to root. Grab n00b rom from the all things root section and you'll be good to go
    SelfElevated2 and LilBit like this.
  3. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Noob flashes through stock and gives you root. Then you can use hotspot .in my opinion Noob ROM is the best ROM for the warp. Its no coincidence that it's the one set to flash through stock.
  4. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

This usb to Ethernet cable sounds more like a usb Ethernet adapter... and although there are some usb devices that work on this phone I believe they have to be powered... I'm not sure this it's going to work because of that...but I'm curious...Did you try it yet

EDIT: Also rooting alone will not solve your problem for wifi hotspot because all the market wifi for root apps that work with this phone broadcast in ad-hoc and the ps3 doesn't connect to ad-hoc... there is only one rom that has real(infrastructure) wifi and it's mine(Voltron OC for Public Mobile). and I still haven't worked out the mms(Picture Messages) on a boost phone... but other than the mms the rom works flawlessly on a boost phone... so unless the usb to ethernet works for you I think that might be your only other option...
  5. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Ahh.. correct, I forgot since I've used my s2 to hotspot my ps3 a few times that the warponly has ad hoc. So yes rooting won't solve the issue
    smartmanvartan likes this.