Micro USB to HDMI !

Last Updated:

1. Joe777G

Joe777G Member This Topic's Starter

Samsung Galaxy S Will Be Able to do MicroUSB to HDMI for Video Out | Android Phone Fans

I'm excited. I was kind of bummed that other phones like the evo and droid x have hdmi out and the captivate didn't. Still wish the camer a had flash, but I guess I'm over that. Now Samsung just needs to fix the gps and I'll be good. Sometimes it will quickly get and keep a fix on a cloudy day. Then on a sunny day it might never get a fix. Completely random as far as I can tell.

Advertisement
  2. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

Its a gimmick - you won't use the out any more often than video phone if this had a front facing camera. And besides DLNA is always better and easier, if you have a DLNA capable input on the TV (tv itself or some add on htpc)

3. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member

Price is way to high.

You can easily transfer a video from the SD to your computer and then make a dvd

4. Citznfish

Citznfish Active Member

they go for $20 elsewhere... $20 is fine for a decent cable. Probably even find it cheaper if you look harder

5. belyle

belyle Member

Put my name on the list for the backorder. On the product page, it doesn't say that it can be used with the Galaxy S phones. Can anyone confirm?

6. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

Ill wait until its $3 on monoprice or from china on eBay.

7. ruppert

ruppert Active Member

From what I read this will only show videos you've recorded or pictures you've taken. It doesn't emulate everything on your phone the way the composite video does. If that's the case I'm just not that excited about it.

8. Joe777G

Joe777G Member This Topic's Starter

Hope your wrong. If that's the way it works I won't be getting it. Also in reply to posts above. If this sends a live feed of your phones screen to an hdmi display, and if the wiimote app ever becomes usable on the captivate, I would use it a lot.