Micromax A70 General FAQ and DiscussionSupport

1. insane_subro

insane_subro Well-Known Member

All questions regarding the phone, apps and tweaks can be posted here and discussed.

Dear friends I have recently noticed a lot of miscellaneous threads coming up. I am concerned that we will dirty our own home, so this Thread will provide a common platform for all of us to ask questions on any topic related to A70, Android(of course).

:)

Advertisement
    :
  2. immanuvel

immanuvel New Member

TOUCH THE ANDROID TO BEGIN IS REPEATING

WHAT TO DO

PL HELP ME

iMMANUVEL
  3. theperfectpunk

theperfectpunk Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the screen that comes up when the phone starts up for the first time?
    If yes, then did you somehow modify the system files using terminal or a file manager?
  4. Malay Kumar

Malay Kumar Member

Just 4 days back got my first Android i.e. m A70. Very excited :)
    I have a question. The auto rotation of keyboard is lagging a little. I googled and found that if we set the calibration correct, then the auto rotation may improve. Please let me know how to do it? (OR) Is there any other way?

Suggestions/help are well appreciated.

Cheers,
    Malay
  5. Sentacy

Sentacy Well-Known Member

Hi all,

thanks for all the support as i am gaining knowledge towards ANDROID platform.
    I have a new query and that is, " i want make a partition of 1GB from my memory card of 8 GB and dedicate it to applications, like install every application, games to it"

Is it possible?,

Subro, PerfectPunk.. i am waiting for your answers.. .. .. .. ..
    :cool:
    bobbybhai likes this.
  6. ash1425

ash1425 Well-Known Member

Yes, Of course its possible.
    First you will have to partition 1GB of your SD card to ext3 partition. To do this follow the steps

**Phone must be rooted and should have clockWorkMod Recovery(You can partition using many of the softwares for windows)

1. Take backup of your SD card on computer.
    2. Boot into CWM recovery, goto storage and Mounts and select partition memory card.
    3. Enter the size of partition(1GB) and type(ext3). And partition the card.
    4. After partitioning the card all data will be lost and size of the SD card will be shown as 7GB.(Yes)
    5. Now restore your backup of SD card from PC.
    6. Goto Market and Install Link2SD.
    7. Mount your ext3 partition using Link2SD and move all the applications(i will suggest not to move system applications, Launchers and widgests) to ext3 partition.

If you need clarification on any of the above step, please ask here.
    bobbybhai and Sentacy like this.
  7. Sentacy

Hi Ash,

thanks for the info. I have some queries,
    1) What is CLOCKWORK MOD?
    2) How to boot into CWM?
    3) Can i use TITANIUM BACKUP with same settings?

Thanks once again.. .. .. .. .. :)
  8. rahules

rahules Well-Known Member

clockworkmod is an alternative recovery for andoid. it has got more usability and features than the stock recovery. clockworkmod recovery is one of the most commonly used recovery for flashing new roms and stuff.

you can install clckworkmod recovery using the rom manager app from market.
    once clockworkmod recovery is installed, boot in to recovery like regular, and cwm recovery will start instead of the stock one.

from there, u can follow the steps given above. and yes, you can use titanium backup as always.
    Sentacy likes this.
  9. ash1425

ash1425 Well-Known Member

Well ClockWorkMod is Custom recovery. If you dont have an ClockworkMod recovery installed, still we can have some other solutions.

1. Google for Partition-Manager utility which runs on Windows and supports EXT3 patition.
    2. Mount your SD card to PC, and using above utility Partition the SD card.
    3. After partitioning, install Link2SD from market.
    4. Mount Ext3 partition from Link2SD. And move the apps to SD card(ext3 partition.)
  10. Malay Kumar

Malay Kumar Member

I am facing the below issue 4-5 times every day:

1. When a touch the screen it just starts vibrating, zooms in and out for some time and during this period screen becomes unresponsive.

2. Sometimes in between of typing a message screen starts vibrating and types some letter like
  11. sunil90

sunil90 Well-Known Member

@Malay Kumar

Never faced any problems like that..what launcher are u on ? Stock, ADW, LP ?? Try changing ur launcher if that fixes anything

Good luck :)
  12. Malay Kumar

Malay Kumar Member

Sunil, thanks for the reply. For information, I am not using any launcher.

Thanks,
    Malay
  13. sunil90

sunil90 Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset.. although i dont think it will do much good..
    Can you give more accurate steps on how to reproduce the problem on my phone ?..

Does this happen while in browser ??
  14. Malay Kumar

Malay Kumar Member

I have kept factory reset as the last option:), as you have told it may not help much.
    under below mentioned situation I face issues:
    - Browsing using any browser.
    - Photo gallery.
    - Typing message.
    - Sometimes while picking up call also.
  15. kitwalker

kitwalker Well-Known Member

got to ->settings->Accessibility

let accessibility b ticked
    untick the rest of the things in the menu
    try a turn off and on
    hope this will help
  16. Malay Kumar

Malay Kumar Member

I will try it.
    Just for info, while trying to this the screen got stock once :)

-Malay
  17. Sentacy

Dear all,

this is regarding a serious problem. I accidentally removed default messaging app from my A70. I have contacts stored in my sim. I am not able to send sms to those numbers.
    It says application closed unexpectedly, try again.
    Waiting for your reply and solution for guys. Is there any way that i can get it to default settings?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  18. rahules

So did u try reinstalling the app??? If not, try that.

Or install some other app like Go SMS or something and try that.
  19. praky

praky Well-Known Member

@insane_subro: Nice effort from your side.
    Requested for sticky.

One suggestion: Change topic name to something like " Post doubts here before creating thread' something like that.
  20. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Nice thread idea.

Let's leave root related queries and discussion for the All Things Root sub-forum, though.

I'll stick this thread for now, after editing the OP just a bit. ;)
    adityadeva and rahules like this.
  21. Sentacy

Well thanks Rahules,

i already installed Go SMS Pro free. i don't know the functionality of it. Can you tell me how to take backup of sms with GO SMS.

also tell how to install default messaging.. .. .. .. ..

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
  22. Sentacy

I m using Eusius partition manager which created the EXT3 partition as described in the post but after it doesn't recognize the memory card.. .. .. .. ..

23. rahules

@sentacy
    sorry but I donot use Go SMS , so Imignorant about where the backup settings are.
    But Im guessing that there's and option like GO SMS Services–>Settings Backup and Recovery
    or maybe open a conversation, press the men button of the phone and see options.

also, did u format the entire sd card as ext3???
  24. Sentacy

No .. i made a partition of 1 GB and formatted that into ext3.
    After that formatted remaining into FAT32 and applied changes.
    But phone is not able to read it. It is asking to format sd card but unable to do so.. .. .. .. ..
    :confused:

25. rahules

Well, what is the capacity of your SD card??

What I would do is format the sd card back to fat32, then boot in to recovery and use CWM to partition it properly. That will most probably solve your problem. (Partitioning with CWM is pretty easy) Just go to Advanced options and select Partition sd card.

Use the volume up/down buttons to move up and down, power button to select