• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micromax a70 struck with rebooting when used ninjamorph

aptsanju

Aug 24, 2011
I bought this mobile on 10th of this month... And installed applications named ninjamorph...
It said with that we can change the notification bar colour... Tried with it and rebooted the phone,
and it doesn't boot up now... Pls help me, when tried to reflash it with the service center, they
are responding negative that they couldn't install the software... Can you pls guide me to install the
stock rom back... bcoz the boot screen and all is working perfectly... pls help me out sir...

Thanks,
Sanjeev. A

Reactions: dhruvrao55
I bought this mobile on 10th of this month... And installed applications named ninjamorph...
It said with that we can change the notification bar colour... Tried with it and rebooted the phone,
and it doesn't boot up now... Pls help me, when tried to reflash it with the service center, they
are responding negative that they couldn't install the software... Can you pls guide me to install the
stock rom back... bcoz the boot screen and all is working perfectly... pls help me out sir...

Thanks,
Sanjeev. A

Try with Recovery to Factory Reset.while switch on the phone

CHOICE 1. PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON
CHOICE 2. PRESS HOME + VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON
U CAN SEE THE RECOVERY BOOT IMAGE SHOWING LIKE A TOY OK
then u press CAMERA BUTTON it will show recover menu then down and select Factory Reset then press POWERBUTTON(ITS A SELECTION BUTTON) After Factory Reset Rebbot the Phone ...

Upvote 0
Sir,

I followed the whole process you said... But there was no factory reset, it was just wipe data and i think the only option in this would be updating the software with update.zip...

If pls can you give the update.zip file... i've attached the screen shot pls view it... i tried with other ROM's it doesn't work...

Pls help me... The stock ROM will help me i think...

Thanks,

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Sir,

I followed the whole process you said... But there was no factory reset, it was just wipe data and i think the only option in this would be updating the software with update.zip...

If pls can you give the update.zip file... i've attached the screen shot pls view it... i tried with other ROM's it doesn't work...

Pls help me... The stock ROM will help me i think...

Thanks,
First of All Thank to theperfectpunk me also wait for Update's...
aptsanju
if u can wait for update.zip no problem..if u try to Factory reset then u can do this.

wipeData/factory reset (that's the Factory reset) select that option and press POWER BUTTON(coz here POWERBUTTON is the selection Button)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Try this update.zip

I believe i have signed it correctly

If its working, then reply (as the wifi still won't work)
if its not working then reply along with the screenshots

https://skydrive.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public/update.zip?cid=63420eda009d8e82&sc=documents

Hi i used CWM recovery mode and the update.zip got installed...
Thank you so much... I got a huge relief on this issue, thanks again...:):):)
And as you said the wifi is not working...
Pls help me on that issue...

Upvote 0
lol I need that too, deleted my backup by very sill mistake :p

The below is the process i followed...
STEP-1 : Putting the phone in debugging mode, by holding the camera button on switched off state and connecting to computer through USB... If you are using windows 7 it'll automatically detect the device and install a driver with a name as google...

STEP-2 : Use fastboot recovery command to insert recovery.img
link to download recovery http://playfuldroidz.com/media/recov...0/recovery.img

STEP-3 : Download a rom compatible with the device
a working micromax a70 rom link :
ASeventy - Playfuldroidz Wiki

STEP-5 : Remove the USB connection and remove battery and put it again and hold the volume down and power button at a time and hold it until it jumps to recovery...

STEP-6 : Missed a step... Before switching on the phone to recovery mode... Copy the downloaded ROM to root of sdcard, renamed as update.zip...

STEP-7 : In the recovery mode, you can navigate to sd card apply and install the update.zip and it's done, it'll automatically flash the phone and installs the ROM...

But remember the wifi will not work

Upvote 0
@aptsanju

can you explain exactly how u recovered it ?

I used ninjamorph to change the status bar color... And i did a mistake and it got stuck at the boot...

Then i did fastboot by holding the camera button and plug in the usb in the phone switched off stage...
Then it got into fastboot and i pushed CWM...
Then i used theperfectpunk's backup and backed up using the CWM...

Reactions: sunil90
Upvote 0
I was using ninja just like u and my bootanimation is rebooting, what do i do now ???

1 : Switch off your phone by pulling the battery out...
2 : Are you using windows 7 ? if yes hold only the camera button and connect pc through usb...
3 : The PC automatically detects the phone as google android and leave to install the drivers...
4 : You should have your android-sdk installed before that, it is available in the google. Connect the phone in the above procedure and in the cmd navigate to android-sdk directory and cd to platform tools and use the below fastboot commands...

fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery <provide path here>recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img

e.g : fastboot flash recovery D:\recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img

5 : With the above command it will get flashed...

To download the recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img use the below link
http://playfuldroidz.com/media/A70/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.3-a70.img

6 : After getting flashed download theperfectpunk's nandroid backup and get your phone backed up in the CWM recovery... To enter into the recovery we should hold volume down and power button at the phone switced off state...

That's it

Reactions: sunil90
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones