• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micromax A70 Video Call

^^
your question has already been answered multiple times
you can go for
Optimus Net @ 9400 Pros:Good Ram, 800 mhz processor, XDA Support. Cons: 3.2 MP camera
Optimus one @ Rs 8700 Pros: Good Ram. Cons : 3.2 MP camera
Micromax A70 @ 6800 Pros: Above average camera at this price, Good specs for the money. Cons: Lack of XDA support.
Dell XCD35 @ 7800 Pros: Awesome screen 480*800, Good XDA Support. Cons: Battery life
Xperia X8 @ 9500 Pros: Good XDA Support. Cons : Old Android 2.1, 3.2 MP
Xperia W8 @ 10000 Cons: Android 2.1 :/ 3.2 MP
Galaxy Y @ 6100 Pros: 832 Mhz processor . Cons: QVGA Screen, 2MP camera
Galaxy Mini @ 7600 Pros: Good Ram. Cons : QVGA 3.2 MP
The order i have mentioned is my personal order of preference

Avoid Karbonn A1, Spice mi 310, mi270, Micromax a60..
You can go for Spice mi350 and Lava S12, if u research a bit.. Actually the lava looks cool but 5 mp Fixed focus camera is a deal breaker for me :p

Reactions: monu92
Upvote 0
Hey every body i think that the discussion is going highly off the topic!
Regarding the video calling ,
1.) if you use fring you can just do video calling over 3g or wifi for a few minutes and then it says memory low!
2.) for skype you need big processor and also a supported device!
3.)for tango (atleast in my case) did not catch the front cam
4.)for oovoo ( you will need to download it from unofficial sources and it need big processor !!
5.) for movicha it not compatible .
6.) eben nimbuzz does not work
FINALLy the best i think software for video calling is just Yahoo Messenger ( with plugin installed)!

with its help you can call from mobile to mobile or even pc to phone !

the only problem was that it starts with boot hence slows down the phone which i solved by rooting and using es task manager !

Upvote 0
one thing a70 has got the biggest advantage is the network power the hardware used in radio transmission is the best in class even igyaan also quoted it ,means chances of getting a call drop in comparison to other smart-phones is 1/100 times,and its tested also
please stop posting off topic posts the post is abt video calling noit abt the quality of the phone !

Upvote 0
how do i get SKYPE video working on this phone,

i saw igaan , but didnt work, i tried xda skype didnt work. or it something i m missing

:p it is android 2.2 in which second camera is Not supported directly by the OS hence( supported in 2.3+) hence there is no perfect way for skype on a70
you must use yahoo messenger caz that is the only thing that works...

Upvote 0
Hey every body i think that the discussion is going highly off the topic!
Regarding the video calling ,
1.) if you use fring you can just do video calling over 3g or wifi for a few minutes and then it says memory low!
2.) for skype you need big processor and also a supported device!
3.)for tango (atleast in my case) did not catch the front cam
4.)for oovoo ( you will need to download it from unofficial sources and it need big processor !!
5.) for movicha it not compatible .
6.) eben nimbuzz does not work
FINALLy the best i think software for video calling is just Yahoo Messenger ( with plugin installed)!

with its help you can call from mobile to mobile or even pc to phone !

the only problem was that it starts with boot hence slows down the phone which i solved by rooting and using es task manager !

Dear Ninad thank you for the information. I bought a spice MI 280 2 days back will any one please let me know which VOIP software will work on this. This phone has android 2.3 ginger bread & 650 MHZ CPU with additionally 200 MHZ GPU & 256 MB RAM.

Upvote 0
why everyone is out of the topic guys...........
i tried tango but i am not able to make video calls main reason is video is not appearing on the other side............and on fring the application closes within 1 min i tried fast reboot and advanced task manager............my phone is rooted. any solution?
I have used all the video chatting apps with my micromax a70 phone,but no one is working.Although every app allow to video call but uses back camera for confrensing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones