• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micromax a75 new version

At first I got updated my A75 from service centre. Then for an experience, I updated it again my self using files given in this blog.
I don't know why, but I found my mobile slow with this update. It also hanged at some instants. So I had to go again to service centre for this software update. After updating from service centre, again my mobile is working normally.
I am using A75 with 16GB card. Its launcher some times takes very long time to initialise. I have also tried Go, ADW, Zeam and Balanced launchers.
Any comments for improvement?

Upvote 0
At first I got updated my A75 from service centre. Then for an experience I updated it again my self using files given in this blog.
I don't know I am right or it is psychological effect, I found my mobile slow with this update. It also hanged at some instants. So I had to go again to service centre for software update. Now again my mobile is working normally.
I am using A75 with 16GB card. Its launcher some times takes very long time to initialise. Any comments for improvement?

Use nemus launcher or adw launcher it will improve performance

Reactions: ajitkhtri
Upvote 0
Already using ADW launcher

Well for speed tweaks you need root
and for a better launcher with speed
NOTE : this launcher is ONLY designed for speed nothing else ;)
so there are not many customizations available

Its ZEAM launcher
if u search over net you will find the same it is currently the FASTEST launcher for droid but just not so popular caz it lacks many customizations
if u can leave customizations then try that launcher it is blazing fast : you will notice it on the first look !

Upvote 0
Guys,
I am facing a new problem since last 2-3 days. I had already updated to new version and installed Zeam Launcher. The phone is now speedy and smooth than before.
The new problem is that, when the phone is on sleep mode(display off), every 2-3 minutes, the display comes on, with the message "Preparing SD card" appearing in notification area. This is happening almost on a continuous basis. I tried factory resetting the phone and installing bare minimum applications, still no use; it is recurring.
Any idea as to what could be the cause / suggest any remedies? I was thinking of replacing the SD card, but wanted to hear the opinion from the forum before trying that.........

Thanks and Regards,
Saji P Varghese

Upvote 0
hey guys I've updated my A75. update is nice looking.
guys this forum really rocks.
thanx to all those who have contributed
but all my contact in phone is gone and what about softwares that I downloaded
from MARKET and moved to SD card how to locate & reinstall them

please help me

Unfortunately, the update has reverted your phone back to the days you got it from the mobile shop with some minor enhancements. You should have backed up the contacts and messages before running the update.

You would also notice that its a bit fast now, coz all your old apps are not in place. Before re-installing the apps again i would advise you to root it (at your own risk, obviously), check this thread (http://androidforums.com/a75-all-things-root/502084-working-wifi-fixed-how-root-micromax-a75.html) and then start customizing it all over again for once and for all.

Reactions: gknayak9
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the update has reverted your phone back to the days you got it from the mobile shop with some minor enhancements. You should have backed up the contacts and messages before running the update.

You would also notice that its a bit fast now, coz all your old apps are not in place. Before re-installing the apps again i would advise you to root it (at your own risk, obviously), check this thread (http://androidforums.com/a75-all-things-root/502084-working-wifi-fixed-how-root-micromax-a75.html) and then start customizing it all over again for once and for all.

you can just set up google contact sync for later even if ur device goes anywhere all of ur contacts are back even now if u just set up the google account u will find that all ur contsacts are present they automatically get downloaded when u r connected to internet

Upvote 0
you can just set up google contact sync for later even if ur device goes anywhere all of ur contacts are back even now if u just set up the google account u will find that all ur contsacts are present they automatically get downloaded when u r connected to internet

Thanks for the advice. Agreed +1. I backed it all up using 3rd party apps (one copy in pc another copy in memory card). I normally don't subscribe to any data plans/GPRS and use internet in my laptop (which is better equipped to handle malware) except for downloading apps which erstwhile are not available except Android Market. I was just trying to advice "gknayak9" that his apps etc are now history............any chances of recovery, btw ?

Reactions: gknayak9
Upvote 0
@sajipv the posible solution is to copy necessary files and just format the SD card to FAT32 again
that solves many problems

ninadchaudhari, I did the same. But then only I found out that my SD card was giving troubles while formatting too........ Changed the SD card to a new one, and all issues solved. The phone is steady now.

Thanks for the advice..... This forum ROCKS...!!!

Upvote 0
I have received my MMX A75 few hours back . Just to ensure my device running latest FW, could you guys kindly let me know version number / build number of the FW running in your updated A75.

Thanks in Advance

Anoop

Nice to see you here :)
Hope you will enjoy ur time over here ...

As for the Build number ,
Micromax Has released a update for the firmware and i would recommend you to Apply that one , it is the only and the latest update you have !

Also for Rooting,
You can have a look at the All-things-root forum ...

Reactions: ANOOPPA
Upvote 0
Thanks Ninad...

My A75 shows following
Build number
[SW VERSION] A75_0201_V3006
[HW VERSION] A75_Mainboard_P2

I just want to check if it is updated from factory as I am not facing few of the issues raised by other folks.

Could somebody let me know build number of their updated phone. I would want to ensure my hardware is working fine before voiding warranty ( :) read rooting )

Upvote 0
Thanks Ninad...

My A75 shows following
Build number
[SW VERSION] A75_0201_V3006
[HW VERSION] A75_Mainboard_P2

I just want to check if it is updated from factory as I am not facing few of the issues raised by other folks.

Could somebody let me know build number of their updated phone. I would want to ensure my hardware is working fine before voiding warranty ( :) read rooting )

Mine shows the same numbers (rooted with Ninad's update).

Reactions: ANOOPPA
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones