• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microphone not working during calls

wezley_91

Lurker
Sep 28, 2011
Hey, I've got the Xperia Sola, it was working wonderful, however the microphone has stopped working during calls, I can hear the other person fine, but they cannot hear my voice at all. I've tried using the microphone in other applications, like evernote, to record a voice note, and then it works fine and i can hear my voice playback. I've done a factory data reset and still the same problem. The ROM is stock, although I am using a modified kernel for the root and such, the phone was working fine for a few weeks after being rooted and all, just suddenly not working. I did drop the phone once between when it was working and wasn't, but I think that didn't have any effect since the microphone still works for voice memo's etc. If anyone has any suggestions to try please let me know! Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones