1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Microphone not working

1. Schmohawk

Schmohawk Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone else had had this problem. The regular mic isn't picking up barely any sound; it's bad enough that no one can hear me. If I plug in a headset, then it works fine, as well with bluetooth.

I hope I can fix this cuz I bought the phone on ebay. . . I assume Metro won't honor the warranty since ownership transferred.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. Grizzly9208

Grizzly9208 Member

Make sure there ain't nothing inside of it if it doesn't look like a little black hole when you look at it then there's a piece of crud in it cause it happened to me and I took a needle to it just a bit and then it looked like a black whole and started working again
    pcwebiz likes this.
  3. Schmohawk

That's the thing, though. . . I can't seem to figure out where the mic is. Where is it?
  4. Grizzly9208

Grizzly9208 Member

To the left of were you plug the charger in
  5. Schmohawk

Thank you so much! I thought I was going to have to get a replacement phone, but a needle pushed into that hole fixed it 100%.
  6. Grizzly9208

Grizzly9208 Member

Any time
    Schmohawk likes this.
  7. Schmohawk

This community ROCKS!!!
  8. YoJeff

YoJeff New Member

Worked for me too! Thanks alot.
  9. Ninezulu

Ninezulu New Member

Is there a microphone on off switch on the EVO 4g? I can't get the microphone to work without the earphone/mike piece.