Microphone problem or muted?General

Last Updated: 2011-07-12 23:55:39
  1. timjac41

timjac41 New Member

Hi, I have had this problem since going 2.1, have tried reinstalling but no difference.
    When making a call or receiving the other person ether doesn't hear me or I'm extremely quite to the other person, very occasionally its OK.
    If using Nokia supplied headphones all is well.
    I've gone into "service mode" and the microphone works OK, although it has quite a loud background hiss.
    When making or receiving a call the Mic symbol (top right screen) has a line through it at all times, I know when you hit the mic symbol it moves centre screen to indicate its muted but should the mic symbol always have the line through it when its in the corner? looks like the muted mic symbol in the corner is normal.
    Any help appreciated as this phone not for sale within 600 mile of my location, to trust a local who will never have seen one is not going to happen:)
    Many thanks
    Tim

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

I'm going to ask this as it is more commonly the problem than you may think, is there any build up of foreign objects (ie: dirt, lint etc) around the Mic location? If not then this is more likely a hardware issue and I would have to advise having the handset repaired
    timjac41 likes this.