Microphone SensitivitySupport

Last Updated:

1. thenoseknows

thenoseknows Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Incredible on 4/29, and have loved every minute with it. My only complaint is that when I am actually on the phone, the callers on the other end hear a lot of background noise. The microphone seems to pick up EVERYTHING. I cannot even talk on the phone if I am in an environment that has any ambient noise because callers are bombarded with the ambient noise. On this note, I was just wondering if there was any way to change the microphone sensitivity and back it off a little bit so that it is usable in environments that contain some ambient noise. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone else seem to notice this?

Advertisement
  2. thenoseknows

Bump

3. Fairburne

Fairburne New Member

I'm having the exact opposite problem. When I'm on the phone people are always teling me my voice sounds muffled. I've been trying to figure out a way to increase the sensitivity. Now i have to move the phone down to my mouth and back up again closer to my ear.

4. thenoseknows

That sounds terribly inconvenient. Do you have a case on the phone that might be slightly blocking the microphone hole on the bottom of the phone?

5. LIZAGAR15

LIZAGAR15 New Member

Hi.
    Anybody having voice resembling a male robot? I own the Htc incredible a gift for Mothers day. I have had a low pitch male robot sounding voice coming from my phone since yesterday. No problems with speaker while playing music and can hear the other caller quite clearly. it was just the phone, no earpiece or cover. My husband did not recognize my voice and hung up b/c he thought it was a prank call. This happened yesterday. I have treated my phone quite carefully for fear that I would drop it or hit it on something and I still have a problem
    Today my friend said i sounded like Darth Vader. She asked me if I had an app that warps voices and I said no. I have spent hours looking for a resolution. Anybody have ideas on how to get my female sounding voice back? Could it be a virus?