1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Microsd card compatibility/formatting discussionSupport

1. larry1975

larry1975 Member

what size card will the evo 4g lte take up to 32 or will it take the 64gb?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

specs say 32 but a lot of phones now are able to handle 64 even when only stated for 32
  3. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

In addition to what Covert said, a friend/tech at sprint uses his 3vo and has a 64GB sd card in it! Spec say's 32GB!
    Stubby1 likes this.
  4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

And I had mentioned before, I'm using a 64gb card in my Photon. Works perfectly.

Oh and for those that are curious, it does seem pretty snappy (as far as transferring files is concerned). No slower or faster than the Class 10 32gb Lexar card that I had in it previously.
    IOWA likes this.
  5. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

Indeed! And didn't you give us a link as well!?
  6. drexappeal

Yeah. I can't remember if I put the link in the photon forums or not, but I had a screen shot.
  7. larry1975

larry1975 Member

just ordered the sandisk 64gb card from bestbuy.com for 89.99
  8. Covert_Death

what class?
  9. drexappeal

10. larry1975

larry1975 Member

Class 6
  11. larry1975

larry1975 Member

those links don't have it for 79.95 and the one place says out of stock
  12. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

The second link raised the price. It was 79.99 yesterday.
  13. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

Covert, question; are there any 64GB with lower classes!? I don't want to make a silly mistake and my SD card won't fuction!
  14. drexappeal

Looks like the deal expired already. This deal was on slickdeals the past couple weeks.
  15. drexappeal

Not that i've heard of. Class 6 was lowest i've heard is made for 64gb microsd
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Phones that include lower class sd cards as part of sales package do so to save cost, not because the included class is more compatible.

Class numbers relate to speed. I haven't heard of any phone being unhappy all the way up to class 10, fwiw.

If you want to move more GB, you want to consider a fast card.
    marctronixx, IOWA and BenChase7 like this.
  17. Covert_Death

i was just curious cause im looking for a good class 8 or 10 HIGH storage SD card... most affordable ones are 6, 8 or 10 are more common the lower capacity you get but i want BIG and FAST :p

a class 6 is good though, you should be happy with it unless you are going to be constantly moving content on and off of it (and big files at that)
  18. EarlyMon

Seeing prices on Amazon for Patriot 64 GB class 10 for $65.
  19. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Im just wondering, will the average user notice a difference between a class 6 and a class 10? I would think if your primary use of the sdcard is to store music and photos, you probably wont even notice a difference in day to day operations. Just my 2 pennies.
  20. BenChase7

I've been using a Patriot 16GB class 10 I picked up at Frys for 16 bucks for about a year now.. its been reliable in several devices. Just an FYI: In case anyone was wondering about the reliability/quality of Patriot.
    quijibo and EarlyMon like this.
  21. EarlyMon

If the price is right for class 10, why not?
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. BenChase7

oh I agree, EM. wasnt arguing the purchase of a class 10, at all. Just saying, personally, I wouldn't let it stop me from getting a smoking deal on a on a card with a lower class rating... just because I dont think the avg user will notice a difference.. but, like you say.. if the price is right... jump on it!
    marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  23. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

The cool part, once LTevo is released, the 64gig should come down a bit in cost. :D

Just imagine, 80 Gigs on a phone!:eek::eek::eek:
    crow11ad and EarlyMon like this.
  24. drexappeal

I'd imagine we'll see 64gb micro sd card pricing go down by fall and 128gb released soon. Then around this time next year, pricing for 128gb go down.
  25. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

64gb would be nice. I'm using a 32gb class 10 right now in my Evo3D. It didn't seem to be appreciably faster that the class 4 that came with my phone. Supposedly, as you start having more pictures and video, the lower class cards introduce a lot more lag going into the gallery. I don't know that for sure because I put the class 10 in the same day I got my phone. Even with my 32gb card, I'm down to 6gb free, due to music, audiobook, and a few ultraviolet movies.