microSD card for Droid 2?

Last Updated:

1. captenaj

captenaj Member This Topic's Starter

I am under the impression that the Droid 2 can take a microSD card up to 32 GB. Does anyone know if this is true? Are there different types of microSD cards out there or are they all the same? 32GB seems huge. If I have just a few ring tones and I expect I won't get over a few hundred pictures. How big of a card do I need? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

It comes with an 8gb card. It supports up to a 32gb. There are different kinds. I don't know off the top of my head if the D2 requires a certain class of sd card. Unless you plan on storing a lot of music or video the 8gb card should be enough for you.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Yes, it can use a 32GB card.

4. captenaj

Actually, it doesn't seem to have come with any card. I looked with Astro and didn't see a card, then I tried to upload something (I forget what) and it said that no card was found. I need to go buy one and I'm trying to figure out what kind.

Are there different speeds of microSD cards like there are for SD cards?

Thanks.

5. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Take the battery out and see if there is a card under it.

captenaj likes this.
  6. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

If you bought it from Verizon, and not second hand, then it came with a card. If it really doesn't have one then get any micro SDHC card.

captenaj likes this.
  7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

if you looked at the phone via PC, then the only storage that should come up is the SD card

captenaj likes this.
  8. captenaj

Thanks for all the help here. When I looked via my computer or with Astro, I did not see a folder labeled SD card so I assumed I didn't have one. Following the very sage advice from pool_shark, I looked under the battery and, yep, there it was. 8 GB, which should be plenty for me.

Now to put custom ring tones on the phone. Don't worry, I'll search around before asking about that. Thanks again for the help.