MicroSD card recommendation?Tips

Last Updated:

1. All-a-Mort

All-a-Mort Member

Ok, ok, I know there are plenty of 'What microsd card shall I buy' threads kicking about the forum, but they all seemed rather old, so...

Decided at long last with the death of my beaten up old mp3 player that I should get a nice 32gb card for the Galaxy S and stick my music on with DoubleTwist to sync with itunes on my pc (especially since it is increasingly turning into a work device...I want reclaim it for fun). But which 32gb card? I had heard that there are different classes of cards, and that class 6 upwards were best, and that Sandisk (my usual card supplier) did a range of Ultra Mobile microsd cards specifically designed for smart phones. But I can't find any evidence that they make 32gb models.

I gather the Lexar 32gb MicroSDHC Class 10 is worth considering?

Secondly, is there a difference in either performance or compatibility between microsd and microsdhc with the Galaxy S?
    So, er...any advice chaps? Oh yeah, mine is just the old GT-i9000 8gb standard Galaxy S model, from last year. Thing is a bit buggy at that.

2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I've used my Sandisk 32GB Class 2 card in my SGS from day one, nearly a year ago, no problems whatsoever. I always recommend staying with Sandisk, but some of the others are probably fine also...