• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MicroSD card upgrade.

iDesired

Lurker
Apr 5, 2010
So I have a HTC Desire (great) but I wanna upgrade the stock 4GB MicroSD to a 16GB so I can get all my music on there (and hopefully more apps if Google can get it done). I went ahead and ordered a class 2 16GB card because I didn't have a lot to spend.

My question is what are the advantages of a faster SD card such as a class 6?

Is it just quicker file transfers or is their a significant increase in loading times or something else?

Whatever you do, do not buy any sd cards from ebay without first checking for a list of fake card vendors here.

I myself was caught out.

When you get a new card, first test it using a free utility called h2testw. SD cards can be programmed to tell your computer that they are 16GB, when in fact they are only 2 or 4GB!

Thanks a million for the pointers peadar. I myself am in the market for a larger SD card and have been scouring ebay. Very good stuff to know!

Upvote 0
how come more people dont shop on amazon? they sell most cards in bulk packaging as opposed to retail packaging and they come in far cheaper and you get backed by amazon and not have to worry about being scammed.

for instance, best buy retails a class 4gb micro sd by sandisk for $29.99

amazon has a 16gb class for $33.93

i buy all my sd cards from amazon for my camera. so much cheaper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones