MicroSD storage capacity problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. thatkidmatt

thatkidmatt Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I plugged an 8GB MicroSD into my new incredible last night and I noticed a problem... formatted, it says that there are only 200mb available?

Now, I'm brand new to android (from RIM) and I haven't been able to find anything online in regards to this. This seemed like the best place to ask.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

what if you mount it through the phone on a computer? What does it say. Did you format it from the phone?

3. thatkidmatt

Says 200MB still, tried that... and yes, I formatted it through the phone - I hadn't originally, but it wasn't recognizing it until I had.

4. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

Do you happen to have an adapter for micro sd? Test it on a computer and see what disk management calls it.

Do you have another sd card to test in the phone?

thatkidmatt likes this.
  5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Where did you purchase this microSD card?

6. thatkidmatt

It actually came with my blackberry storm, and i reformatted it though my computer (using an adapter) before I plugged it into the Incredible. I'm gonna have to do some playing around/testing but my friend did the exact same thing as me and his is fine and dandy...

7. thatkidmatt

Just an update...

I was able to get it working by formatting it using the SDXC Format Utility from the SDcard organization website, rather then using Disk Utility in OS X. Thanks for the assistance.

8. jstew182

jstew182 Member

I ran into this same problem with a Sandisk micro sd 16gb card. I formatted through my Incredible and now I only have 1.83gb of space. Before reading this I tried the same thing that "thatkidmatt" did and it didnt bring back my 16gb of space. If anyone else has a suggestion or fix I would appreciate it.