microSDHC failure and dangling links

1. EntropyWorks

EntropyWorks New Member

A little background first I have an Nexus one running the latest CyanogenMod 6.1.0 Release Candidate. The microSD is partitioned into 3 slices. FAT, EXT4, and Swap originally done with the ClockworkMOD ROM Manager.

So I had my 16G A-DATA Class 6 microSDHC card fail to mount today. I removed the microSD from the phone and was able to mount the FAT partition and did a file check and repair ( fsck /chkdisk ). The microSD had some errors which were repaired. When I placed the card back into my phone I was left with pages missing apps.

The question I have is what is the best method to repair this. Is the application data for the apps I moved still on the microSD EXT4 partition? Just reinstall the app's that appear dangling? Will just in the end need to go into to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications and delete them one at a time?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6741844/snap20101118_044418.png

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

As painful as this may sound, have you thought to just wipe and repartition your SD Card? Might be the most stable solution for this kind of issue. Also, may6 bring to light any other issues that might be on the SD Card.