Microsoft ActiveSync not loading emailsSupport

1. Renee1228

Renee1228 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 and I'm trying to set up my work Outlook account. I can get the account set up, it's connected to the server, but no emails will load. When I set up the same issue on my Android phone, I got a pop-up requesting that I allow the server access to my device and I clicked ok. Everything syncs perfectly. However, this never pops up on the tablet. I think this is why it's connected but nothing will download to the device. I looked under alerts and there's nothing there.

Can anyone help me with where to go to allow access to this so my email will actually load on the device?

Many thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that your work uses Microsoft Exchange, and that they have configured it for outside access via mobile devices.

Try deleting the account, and adding it back. Make certain for the type of account to add, that you don't choose "Email", but "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

All of the default settings for that server type should work. You might drill down in the settings and try with and without SSL, but they typically do use SSL.

If your work doesn't use Microsoft Exchange, you may need to add it as "Email" instead.
  3. Renee1228

Renee1228 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I've done all that. I have deleted and recreated the email account a dozen times. I even deleted all the email accounts and then only created the work one, thinking there was some weird conflict. I could understand if it couldn't connect to the server, but it is. I've done the with/without SSL.

This makes no sense. Thanks for trying to help though! Those were all good ideas.
  4. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Have you tried other e-mail clients, like MailDroid or Aqua Mail? Even if you don't like their features, it may help provide a clue as to the issue.

Secondly, if the tab is wifi only, will the phone download e-mail if it is limited to wifi, and not your cellular carrier? That would indicate a firewall issue.