Microsoft Excel and WordSupport

Last Updated:

1. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 24, 2010
    Having a few software issues with my new SGS.

I would like to transfer some MS Office 2007 files on to the phone. I appreciate that ThinkFree Office should be able to allow access and edit the documents. As you will see in another thread I am having difficulties with Kies so thought the simpilest way would simply to email myself the .xls document for ThinkFree Office.

However, attachments simply open in code form, there is no option to download them in .xls format to the phone, so that ThinkFree can then open them and decode it.

ThinkFree does not appear to be able to open as a shell first, to then populate it with an attachment. As I can't use Kies to get the files across is there any other way to do this or any other suggestions?

2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Attach the phone to the PC in Mass Memory mode and copy them?

Go to Settings --> About Phone --> USB and select "Ask On Connection". If you're on a Mac then you need to also enable USB Debugging mode in Settings --> Applications --> Development. Then when you connect you need to pull down the notification tray and click on the USB connection notification and choose to Mount the drives.