• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microsoft Exchange Activesync Sync Issues

apinel

Jan 26, 2011
Just got Evo 4g Shift. I like the original Mail and Calendar app that came with the phone but have problems with the Activesync to Microsoft Exchange. I cannot get all my emails to sync and the majority of my subfolders in my inbox are not downloaded to the phone. I have gone into settings to get all my emails synced and still doesn't do it.

I have downloaded free trial of Touchdown but I actually like the original Mail and Calendar apps on the Shift better. The shift comes with Android 2.2. I've heard people have had issues with the Microsoft Exchange. Has anyone experienced the same problem and was able to fix it using the original Mail and Calendar apps.

Thank you!

I found a thread somewhere online that talked about someone having a problem syncing some of their data. The *fix* was to log into the OWA (outlook web access) for your exchange and select the mobile menu selection on the bottom left. From there you want to remove the device's synced, and delete / re-add your exchange account on your phone.

I've not tried this since I do not have a problem on my phone and don't want to mess with something that's working for me :)

Upvote 0
I found a thread somewhere online that talked about someone having a problem syncing some of their data. The *fix* was to log into the OWA (outlook web access) for your exchange and select the mobile menu selection on the bottom left. From there you want to remove the device's synced, and delete / re-add your exchange account on your phone.

I've not tried this since I do not have a problem on my phone and don't want to mess with something that's working for me :)

I went to the OWA for my exchange and I don't see any mobile menu selection on the bottom left. There isn't anything regarding mobile under options inside the OWA. Thanks though.

Upvote 0
Sorry, it looks like its under options Here's a snippit of mine. showing Mobile Devices at the bottom of the menu

Attachments

• owa.JPG
    owa.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Sorry, it looks like its under options Here's a snippit of mine. showing Mobile Devices at the bottom of the menu

That's interesting. My layout for OWA is different than yours. I'm attaching snippet of mine. I also called Sprint and they said it probably has something to do with the Exchange Server settings (so I have to contact my school).

It seems that you have more options under your Options menu than I do. I don't see any mobile settings under mine.

Attachments

• owa.jpg
    owa.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
That looks like an older version of OWA, but I'm not an expert. If I go into that settings page for Mobile devices, it just lists any mobile devices I've connected. Like it shows my current Android phone and my previous iPhone under there. You can remove those devices which apparently "resets" something on the server. I was/am just grasping at straws though, not sure if that would even help you, but it did seem to clear up someone here at work who was only getting some of his calendar entries.

Upvote 0
That looks like an older version of OWA, but I'm not an expert. If I go into that settings page for Mobile devices, it just lists any mobile devices I've connected. Like it shows my current Android phone and my previous iPhone under there. You can remove those devices which apparently "resets" something on the server. I was/am just grasping at straws though, not sure if that would even help you, but it did seem to clear up someone here at work who was only getting some of his calendar entries.

I will check with my server admin to see if they can delete old devices on their end. Thanks. Do you recall the site where you found this post?

Upvote 0
I called HTC customer support and they said the problem is with Microsoft Outlook. Right now they can't do anything regarding synchronization issues with Microsoft Exchange and HTC activesync. Apparently they are waiting on some support from Microsoft.

Wow, are they really telling people it is a MS issue? Touchdown Exchange works great with Android and Outlook.

Sure sounds like customer support is trying to shift blame. After all, who doesn't want to blame MS for everything. But I doubt this is a MS issue. It is a problem with HTC working with Outlook. That isn't MS problem.

Upvote 0
Wow, are they really telling people it is a MS issue? Touchdown Exchange works great with Android and Outlook.

Sure sounds like customer support is trying to shift blame. After all, who doesn't want to blame MS for everything. But I doubt this is a MS issue. It is a problem with HTC working with Outlook. That isn't MS problem.

Microsoft has not incentive to help HTC run Exchange on their Android powered phones. I had Touchdown and it ran fine but I don't like having to pay for something that was included in the price of the phone. HTC should stop making excuses and fix this problem. Looks like Touchdown developers figured out how to make it run.

Upvote 0
I agree that MS has no incentive to really help HTC out.

I can understand your frustration in wanting it to work too! HTC needs to step up and take responsibility and fix the issue they are having and stop blaming MS. But in this day and age where nobody/company seems to take responsibility and instead wants to blame everyone else, I doubt this will ever happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones