• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microsoft exchange calendar sync duplication

On my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone which has version 4.1.2, Kernel 3.0.31889555, I have a problem with my Microsoft exchange calendar sync.

I often have to manually trigger the sync. Items that have been declined on my PC don't get cleared from the phone's calendar when it syncs. For recurring items, especially those that have had multiple updates on the PC client / server due to room changes, re-schedules, etc now appear multiple times (as many as 5 times).

Even recurring meetings that the organiser has cancelled on their account still keep appearing.

On the flip side, new meetings accepted on my PC that day often don't get sync'd to my phone.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem with Microsoft exchange or is an an Android thing?

Help, it's driving me nuts!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones