Microsoft exchange email question - please help!!

Last Updated:

1. stargyrl

stargyrl New Member This Topic's Starter

HELLO!

I have a question regarding microsoft exchange email and am hoping someone can help me! My Droid Incredible is hooked up to my Exchange server. How can I delete emails off my phone without it deleting off of my computer? I have looked through the phone settings and wasn't able to find anything...Does anyone know how to fix this? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!:D:)

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

In a normal POP3 email client you simply would check a setting to not delete the emial from the server. With an Exchange client you're technically making a comparable connection to the server in the same way that MS Outlook connects to the server. As such I'm not sure there is a way to set it to allow you to delete from the client but not from the server... Unless, of course, you connect to the service using a different protocol, assuming that your particular Exchange server supports it, like POP3 or IMAP.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join the conversations! :D

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....:)

5. stargyrl

stargyrl New Member This Topic's Starter

Ooh okok, I have to find out more about the type of email...so if I can do POP3/IMAP, how would I set it to only delete on the phone?