• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microsoft Exchange

Does the D2 have microsoft exchange capabilities? I am trying to set up my work email account. Any ideas?

D2 does support Exchange accounts natively, and works perfectly for me...you should be able to add your exchange account using the Corporate Sync account type.

You should have 2.2.20 version of the Andriod OS, as that fixed a couple issues w/the Exchange support.

Upvote 0
What I ended up doing for the sub-folder sync was to modify my outlook rules so that they run on the client side only. This makes it so that they only work when outlook is open and exchange delivers all mail directly to my inbox. That way if I am away from my computer I make sure that I close Outlook, then when I am at my desk I open Outlook and as it syncs with Exchange it moves the mail from the inbox to the appropriate folders.

I know that this is not the best option available but that is what we can do for now. I would suspect that the next update to built in email app will have the ability to select which folders to push.

When I ask this question everybody told me to use Touchdown, I tried this app but did not really like the poor integration of contacts builtin contacts tools and it felt a little too cutesy for me.

Just my $.02!

Upvote 0
Yeah...Touchdown has some nice features but wasn't my cup of tea either.

Another option that may become available in the (near?) future: You can choose which exchange folders to sync in the CyanogenMod (CM6) ROM for the D1...Slayher is working on building CyanogenMod for the D2, so when that happens (if you're rooted) you could load CM and have sub-folder sync control for exchange accounts.

Other benefit of that would be removing all the moto blur junk and having a clean Google experience like the Droid...potential down-side is that there are some nice elements to the D2 exchange client - the email list UI for one, is easier to read for me than the "stock" email app UI in CM6.

Upvote 0
Ahh figured it out from another forum.

For Exchange, dont set up an email account!! Set up a corporate sync account! It works with no 3rd party app required. After setting the accounts, use stock messaging app to see the individual accounts and universal inbox. Worked for me for 4 different hotmail accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones