1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Office App

Last Updated:

1. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned This Topic's Starter

Why don't Microsoft man up and give us a Microsoft Office app? I would gladly pay for the app. I think they could made a killing.

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Two words and a number: Windows Phone 7

Matlock likes this.
  3. Slick1020

LOL, man they are just being selfish. You can either watch the party from the dock or get on board the ship. Or you can be like Microsoft and take your ball away when you feel like it.

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Microsoft Office, Zune, Xbox Live....all of that nice stuff...don't expect it to see it on anything other a Microsoft product :p In a market where competition is getting stiffer, MS is going to keep their best cards.

5. Slick1020

With the EVO I can actually see myself typing a document on the EVO by placing the EVO on its side via kickstand and linking a bluetooth keyboard to the phone via bluetooth. Also, I heard Froyo allows us to connect a mouse to the EVO.

6. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Its called docs 2 go. It is in the market and you do have to pay for it. I have it on my evo. It works great. The paid version you can create new docs and the free version you can just look at docs that you import to your phone.

7. Slick1020

I know about documents to go and quickoffice but I want my microsoft office app.

8. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Why not buy a WinMo phone that comes with it if you need MS's app so desperately?

9. Slick1020

I don't need the app. I want the app. Different meanings there.

10. samfisher

samfisher Member

I really Not need the app from MS's app... I love android app :p

11. A.Nonymous

Ok. Why do you want MS's app when there are 3rd party apps that do the same thing?

12. Slick1020

The comments for those apps speak volumes.

13. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Docs2go has most of the office apps that you need. Is there a particular reason that you want the Office app?

14. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

For Docs2Go they don't.

It's actually an extremely well-built application. It handled my 110 page novel with ease, kept the formatting and style info, and was quick. Not only that, it integrated well with Dropbox as well.

Even Microsoft's own Office app on WinPho7 is less functional than Docs2Go is on Android. That's probably part of the reason Microsoft doesn't bother. Docs2Go has beaten them to the punch, and done a better job than Microsoft could.

15. robin hood

robin hood New Member

I'm in process of trying a droid 2 and bought DtG. DtG offers the best available android spreadsheet--but it's far from all I need. DtG does have freeze colm/row and it's the only one I've evaluated that did. It doesn't have the filter option nor validated list option for easier input of selected values into into my spreadsheet cells. I assume office mobile does. I have thought very seriously about changing to a winmo phone to attain these options but I have to give up so much of the good stuff.

16. A.Nonymous

I'm still waiting for my Google Docs app for Android. Why is this not here yet?

17. JKib

JKib Well-Known Member

Any old Palm (not Pre) users here? If there are, then you know that DocsToGo is no where near as functional on Android as it was on Palm. And Dataviz (makers of DocsToGo) are well known for releasing updated versions with expanded features and charging again for the new versions (similar to how Microsoft releases new Office versions for full price). I expect, purely based on their reputation, that they'll release a newer version around Christmas.

18. tigerdan

tigerdan Member

Hi, I just bought a Morotorola XT720 milestone. Am looking into editable microsoft office or documents to go softwares as most FREE on only as viewers. However, singapore still do not this editable version. Can anyone advise where i can get one nOW? thks.;)

19. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I don't think there are any free apps that can edit MS documents

20. tigerdan

tigerdan Member

thks for advice. yes free versionj are non editable- I am looking at paid version but presently android does not seem to provide in singapore. Can advice any other source or equivalent available. :)

21. JKib

JKib Well-Known Member

BeauRye likes this.