Microsoft office communicator?

1. plisken

plisken New Member

Anyone managed to run the java edition of the Microsoft Office Communicator R2 on the HTC Magic?

I guess it might be possible since the java editions are out there.

Advertisement
    :
  2. path2u

path2u New Member

This may be a simple thing to setup for someone with the right knowledge, but we use Microsoft communicator at work and this would be a huge benefit if I could get that working on phone.
  3. visualoddity

visualoddity Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this as well...
  4. tlevelle

tlevelle New Member

Any info appreciated
  5. smithmark02

smithmark02 New Member

Has anyone been able to get the web based version of office communicator to work?
  6. plisken

plisken New Member

Tried it with the default web browser on my Magic, but it failed due to popup window limitations !

Might work with Opera or other browsers. Not tested yet.
  7. Growler

Growler New Member

I just tried Opera 5.1 Beta and can't find any way to enable pop-ups there either. No multi-touch support there but at least it has forward and back arrows which will be useful for me because I haven't found away to go forward on my new N1.
  8. amersaeed

amersaeed New Member

Try Dolphin Browser (available in Market) to log in to OCS. Worked well for me. However, if anyone find an app (like iDialog for iPhone) for Nexus One, please do let me know. Thanks.
  9. bja814

bja814 New Member

Can you provide some details on how i can go about accomplishing this, thanks
  10. lorenepler

lorenepler New Member

For the web-based OC-- do you have to install anything on the phone, or do you just follow a link to your logins? Is the link specific to your employer/organization, or you enter your credentials?
    Went to the MSoft website, but it wasn't so clear...

Dang I wish I could figure this out... :)
  11. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

To answer your question every organization will have a different url to access their web communicator. That is configured by your IT team. I wish they would make an app like they have on the Winmo side.
  12. SirVilhelm

How did you get it to work exactly? I can't seem to log into mine.
  13. CmdrKeene

CmdrKeene New Member

Hi, thanks for the tip. I'm having some trouble with Dolphin, even after enabling popups. Can you let us know what settings to configure?
  14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

what is the link to the web based communicator?
  15. SirVilhelm

Looks like there is a company working on an app for OCS on Android. Although they have been lagging a big. Check out Widget Media - Home

^SonicBoom, the URL is configured by your OCS administrator. It literally could be anything.
  16. mbennum

mbennum Member

I know this is an oooold thread but I've kinda been following it... :p
    There are now 2 Office Communicator apps for android, the AndrOCS linked in the post above, and one called Office Talk Beta.

They both seem to work pretty well but have different looks.

AndrOCS has a nice UI, with separate tabs for Contact List and open IM's, which is nice, but as far as I can tell it doesn't pull your contact groups in, just gives you one big list, which sucks if you have a lot of contacts.

Office Talk isn't as pretty, but it seems to work fine, and lets you select your groups to filter your contacts list down to a manageable size. Also, when you sign out, this one still lives in the Notification Bar (it just changes to Offline), which I don't really like.
  17. revrat

revrat New Member

I used every browser i could download. Dolphin got me the closest. It let me get to the list of users online. I could see my client online from another account and send a message but Dolphin always said you cannot open another popup only one popup allowed. SO i could not send messages or recieve them. So Close!!!

18. Sachinbhandari

Sachinbhandari New Member

Hi Everyone , I tried Office talk and it works very well for me on Galaxy S . The interface is nice , simple settings .

Yet to test it on gprs , on wifi - it works fantastic.
  19. nmyeti

nmyeti New Member

Did you have to import a certificate on your Galaxy S? On my Samsung Fascinate no matter what format, this certificate always fails to import.
  20. Mike8414

Mike8414 Member

Download Office Talk from the app market. I use Communicator at work and with Office Talk I can connect from my phone just as if I was sitting in the office. Works good and, best of all, it's free.
  21. kalps.nat

kalps.nat New Member

I get network error when I login any thing to be setup?
  22. srinivas.salla

srinivas.salla New Member

OCS is currently supporting only Nokia and Motorola phones. OCS runs well on nokia phones with Symbian OS
  23. nmyeti

nmyeti New Member

Office talk Free works perfectly on Android. No need to go Nokia for that.
  24. mozainy

mozainy New Member

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  25. qcpw256

qcpw256 New Member

Okay so I am at a loss as to how I am to setup office talk and then get logged in.

The initial screen prompts me to type a URL my login and password. I know my network login and password but how do I locate the URL?

I am on my work PC and I go into the Microsoft Office Communicator > I navigate to the toolbar and go to Tools > then Server Stauts and Notifications. Within this screen I see the LDAP Server Address, Server Port, Server Protocol, Satatus, I also see the Phone on Computer settings which again include the Server Address, Server Port, Server Protocol, Satatus and then lastly their is the VVM MailStore which has Server Address, Server Port, Server Protocol, Satatus.

So a few questions: 1. which of these settings am I to use? None of them have worked thus far. 2. Let's assume I will get the Office Talk setup correctly ... my next question is can I get my Microsoft Communicator SoftPhone setting to work on my Android Motorolla Q phone. Meaning my soft phone allows me to make phone calls to phones (including land lines) over a WIFI connection. Don't know if Office Talk has a built in VOIP setting but that would be cool. If no is their another VOIP software someone recommends that I could type in my settings to get it to work on my android phone?

Thanks in advance for any help.