microsoft tag not working on erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems Microsoft has come out with a scanner for android for free that they've previously made available on the iphone. Called Tag.

Microsoft Gives Android the Free Barcode-Reading Tag App - Microsoft tag android - Gizmodo

I found it in the marketplace but it doesn't work on my Eris. I downloaded it and opened it but couldn't get it to scan any of the barcodes or QR codes I tried whereas my Barcode Scanner app picked them up easily. The is started freezing, doing nothing. I uninstalled and then reinstalled and all I got was force closes after that. Maybe it is not compatible with 1.5 although it was in the marketplace. Has anyone else tried it successfully? I guess I will stick with Barcode Scanner, not sure if Tag does anything different or better than that anyway although the article said it has an advanced way of reading.

Advertisement
  2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

Microsoft Tag Now Works On eris. They just updated it... Works well

3. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it and mine works just fine too.

4. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok thanks I will try again.

hmm...still getting force close. Maybe i have an app that conflicts with it...like BarCode Scanner ;) ah well. Probably not anything more than the regular scanner apps have anyway.

5. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

Its not a regular scanner app. Its made for micrsoft tags. They kind of work the same way bug you cant use tag on a standard barcode..