MicroUSB Cable can't mount diskSupport

Last Updated:

1. mvnjpy

mvnjpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I lost my original microUSB cable that came with my Samsung Galaxy, and I went and bought a new one.

But, it seems like data doesn't sleep to work with this cable? Is that possible?

The phone is charging though, but I don't see a new drive popping up in my computer like usual, and I don't see the option of mounting the SD card on my phone..

Do I need a special kind of cable??

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

a good quality one and not a cheep one
    i bought an after market cable and i couldnt do fastboot and also data transfer kept bombing our mid file.
    I then used my blackberry 9700 cable (official) which works perfectly fine with it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Blackberry-Micro-Cable-JAVELIN/dp/B0026P7GZY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1272963165&sr=8-1-fkmr0

basically some cables are cheep and nasty and out samsung is very picky

3. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

im using my moms nokia n97 micro-usb cable for all the flashing and it works fine (its longer than the galaxy one so i can pull it out of the back of my comp)

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Some cables out there (like the stupid Rocketfish one I bought @ BB) will only charge the phone. Apparently they don't have all the pins/leads necessary to make a data connection.

At least the cable I bought was full size USB-B to Mini-USB and it came with a Mini to Micro adapter. So I kept the adapter which had all the pins and chucked the cable which didn't.

-Mike