MicroUSB on the go

1. Breakdaspell

Breakdaspell Member

I see many microUSB to USB (USB OTG). they are different model and price but same main spec. What is the differences among them? Can i use it to many android smartphone?

my device is note 2

Advertisement
    :
  2. Breakdaspell

Breakdaspell Member

Thank you for the information dbcooper. So it is the same function, then i can use microUSB OTG in any smartphone.
  3. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

I thought the "On-the-go" setup was for adapting micro-USB to 2.0 for using peripherals...
  4. Breakdaspell

Breakdaspell Member

yes it is :)

i just know that not all smartphone/tablet can use USB OTG. I try one in Lenovo S880 and the USB OTG cant find my plugged USB Flashdisk.
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

If the phone has USB OTG ability and you want to use it for e.g. to connect a USB drive to the phone, then you have to use a USB OTG cable.
    A standard microUSB cable won't do it.

The USB OTG cable has microUSB (male) connector and USB A (female) connector.
    In the microUSB connector the pins 4&5 are jumped. When the phone "sees" the jumped pins it'll go in USB host mode and connect to the USB drive.

And note, the USB drive has to be FAT32 formated, NTFS won't been read.

Harry
    Breakdaspell likes this.
  6. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

7. wayonbird

wayonbird New Member

me too, I try one in Lenovo S880 and the USB OTG cant find my plugged USB Flashdisk.thank you[​IMG]