• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mid 7' Inch Touch Tablet: Locked Out!

malcolm51uk

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
Hi

Please be patient with me if i'm in the wrong department lol

I have a Mid Android tablet, it's old but i like it what i need it to do
but i seem to have a problem i can't remember my pattern to unlock the tablet
i have tried so many times but no luck.

I have even done the reset which i've been told that you press down the power button and the volume button at the same time, well i did that but no luck even the + and the - volume still not having any luck.

Is there a cleaver person out there that knows the trick for me to get access to my tablet?

Mid 7' Inch Touch Tablet web device

CPU: VIA WM8505

I hope this help

And i hope someone out there that can solve this problem, or will it be a bin job? :-(

Thank you
Malcolm

Upvote 0
Hi Digital Controller

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips from a link site but i must say the program to unlock password that you sent is a no to me because i have no clue were to start, all i was hoping is something stupid.

I don't think i am gonna get any luck with my old tablet, looks like over the right shoulder and don't look back :-(

Thank you so much for your help :)

Malcolm

Upvote 0
Hi Mayhem

No there is no forgot password solution just loads up and straight in for the password pattern, can't even get into the menu, and like i said can't even reset it and i never got round making a google account all i had it for is my pics But i have still got the pics that's on the tablet, so i am not worried what goes on the tablet, all i would like is it to come back and let me play, which i have a few old games that i liked on there.

Anyway thank you so much for your quotes.

Regards
Malcolm

Upvote 0
Hi malcolm,

Most devices have some sort of reset built into them. For example, when I searched "reset mid tablet" I found this video ...

What you see is one example of a key combination used to reset the device. Sometimes it's one or both of the volume buttons plus the power button, sometimes it's a hardware home button (if your tablet has one.)

I've seen devices automatically reset themselves after a fixed number of failed security attempts. It's up to the manufacturer to build this in and documentation on the lower end devices is sometimes not available.

I'd bet there is a way to reset the device if you fiddle long enough with it, but I don't think there's a way to bypass the security lock that you forgot.

Upvote 0
Hi lunatic59

Thanks so much for your comment, every little information helps but the video still did not helped, all i'm doing at the moment is trying to solve the pattern, it will not reset to factory settings, and cannot get into menu, and i did not make an account with google all i'm stuck with is solving the password pattern :-(

Regards
Malcolm :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones