Mid tablet wifi

1. jimpunker

jimpunker New Member

The wifi on my MID tablet will not stay connected. It connects and then instantly disconnects. Any help on how to fix this issue? It's brand new out of the box so don't undersdtand.

Advertisement
    :
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hello Jimpunker, welcome to AF! I moved your thread to the General Tablet talk forum, as the lounge is an off-topic forum, and your question is certainly on-topic :) Thanks for joining!
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

OP do you know if there's any brand or model number for your MID tablet? Probably not though. Bad news is, fluky wifi seems to be a very common problem with these cheap un-branded Chinese devices. Have you tried it with another wifi Access Point(AP)?
  4. tsmerk

tsmerk New Member

I have the same problem. My tablet is a China Telecom Infotmic M7206, but I have researched this topic extensively and noticed that this issue occurs on a wide variety of "bheap" tablets. My wife's "Pandigital" tablet works fine, but not mine. I am still anxiously awaiting a solution that works. Can anyone help?

I have tried changing my wifi router security, but then my notebook computer could not connect, so I had to hard reset the mifi device. I just ordered a wifi dongle and will see tomorrow if that works. Itr could be that the tablet simply cannot access a 3G network, but the dongle can.

Please update this thread with any solutions you have discovered along the way!
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Are you in China?

Keep an eye on the forums, you never know.
  6. tsmerk

tsmerk New Member

For this model tablet you need to buy a USB Wifi "dongle." Here are a few on Amazon that will work:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...nics&hvadid=3481931346&ref=pd_sl_1kom291a0m_b

My Mid tablet came with a USB adapter that plugs in and allows the tablet to use any USB device, such as the USB wireless. Neat feature, but it does get in the way, and the extra expense was no good, but thee are many choices to buy for under $5. I forget which one I got, but it was the cheapest one, and it worked fine.