Might be a stupid questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Wolvie66

Wolvie66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't laugh to hard when you read this plz. But on my Droid X I have and guess everybody else has it to (GPS) icon. My question is if I leave it on do I have a monthly service for this, or is this free from Verizon. I use it a lot when I use the places icon to find stores etc. Then hit get directions and it uses google maps and act as a GPS giving me direction to the place I picked. And another question if that is the case everything that was loaded on the Droid X comes free with no service charge!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

1) GPS is totally free, but uses more battery. I keep mine turned off unless I need it and am WOST (lost).

2) Blockbuster, CitiID and lemme see.... and other software does have a fee. That's why I delete it!!!!!

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Bluetooth is the big battery hog for me.

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

GPS is free but it is NEVER using your battery unless the icon is flashing in the task bar. Don't worry about turning it off when you're not using it.

Google Maps and Google Navigation are free apps that use GPS... no cost with them either.

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

+1

6. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

do you know what data plan you have? using navigation does use data (though, not a ton, because it's just loading maps, small bits at a time). if you have the 150MB plan, you need to monitor your usage.
    otherwise, you wont have any extra charges, unless you agree to them. for example, NFL Mobile. the first time you try to use it, you have to agree to the vcast video charges.
    most other apps that are not free will ask you for a credit card, so you dont have a lot to worry about.