• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Might be old news. UK Release Date

Nagrom

Android Expert
May 28, 2010
Cheshire UK
Reactions: ladyemero
11th October.

Yup thats right fellow UK Desireettes.

According to Play.com. The Desire HD will hit our fair isle on 11 October.

HTC Desire HD Android / Sim Free / Unlocked / 8 Megapixel / Touch Screen Mobile Phone - Mobiles at Play.com (UK)

Man I wish I waited for this baby LOL.

Oh well. Hopefully when my contract is up on my standard Desire, the HD will be ALOT cheaper.

Andy

Don't worry about it, if I end up with a Desire HD within a few months there will be something else that makes it look like a bad purchase. Just be happy with what you have and remember you'l be upgrading your desire to the new hotness while we're still stuck on a contract and the circle of life continues...

Upvote 0
This is the beauty of buying sim-free and part financing them with the sale of the previous one.

My Desire HD is on order from Handtec who claim that they should be getting them in around next Thursday (7/10) and will hopefully be sending orders straight out.

Hope that wasn't just sales bollox cos I'm looking forward to getting to some HD movies with AC3 soundtracks on it.

Upvote 0
New date,Oct 21st been delayed another week.

Link please?

Ok, what are you talking about ? Play.com and amazon.co.uk both still have 11th october on their pages.

I've heard 6th october with the sim free being released on the 11th

Again, what is your source of information, or you just put out dates at random ? The only date with 29th was the release date of T-Mobile G2 - but that day already passed as G2's started to be sent out all over USA.

I will send an email to HTC and networks we know who will be supplying to get some more info. Best thing really any of us can do.

I've heard on twitter that they'll be shipping from the 11th October. Handtec website still shows "Stock due: 4th Oct" and they're supposed to be an official HTC retailer.

No doubt we'll get a more solid date around the end of next week.

Who's twitter is that? HTC's?

Mobile Phones Direct look like they have some good deals on. Are they a decent company to buy from?

I've bought 2 handsets via them and not had any issues yet.

Upvote 0
Amazon answered to my question about the new date for Desire Z (and if it comes with SD card) :

I apologise for the unexpected delay of your order.

I have researched the availability of "HTC Desire Z Sim Free Mobile Phone" and learned that its release has been delayed until November 1, 2010.

As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to dispatch it to you. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items until they enter the dispatch process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is about to be sent.

Please note that this phone does not come with bundled micro SD card.

Desire HD still has the same date, so that one will probably get a launch @ 11th.

Upvote 0
Well I have not had any email back from HTC yet (probably weekend backlog or something), but I did find some interesting news articles.

Carphone Warehouse internal system showing as 10th October

Source 2

Baadddaaa BOOM xD

Keep seeing nods to the above on Twitter too like CPW are the bee-all and end-all when it comes to mobile phones........lol.

What is with the recent trend by hardware manufacturers of releasing stuff within a few weeks of announcing it? The launch is this near, just give us a frikkin' date already..........GGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Yet the HD apparently comes with an 8Gb card. They could have at least thrown in a 4Gb one with the Z.

Still hoping for my HD by next weekend then. <prays>

I'm confident that the HTC will bundle in a memory card.

With my Hero Orange or HTC didn't state that they would include one but there was...Gotta remember, they bundle their HTC sync onto the memory card, they don't send out on CD :)

So I'm tipping memory card.

Keep seeing nods to the above on Twitter too like CPW are the bee-all and end-all when it comes to mobile phones........lol.

What is with the recent trend by hardware manufacturers of releasing stuff within a few weeks of announcing it? The launch is this near, just give us a frikkin' date already..........GGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I remember the good ol days of "The Link" stores..always released about 48 hours before CPW hehe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones