Might get this phone but...General

1. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

How well does this phone perform? I was thinking of getting the evo v buy heard it has problems. Is there any problems with the reverb?

Advertisement
    :
  2. learning2

learning2 Well-Known Member

There don't seem to be many people talking about this phone, though there are some reviews on the vm website and amazon. If anybody is reading this and cares to review their phone here, I'd like to know how annoying the 'bloatware' is, and how much of it can be removed. I don't want most of the "hot apps" included in the specs. Thanks.
  3. norcalscot

norcalscot Member

I replaced my aging LG Optimus V with a Reverb a few days ago. Overall I'm happy with the switch. There's not too much "bloatware". It comes with some Samsung apps pre-installed and VM's Mobile ID stuff. Don't use them and you won't notice them.

Unfortunately you can't root this phone yet to remove that stuff.

I replaced the Samsung TouchWiz launcher with another (I'm using Apex) and the experience now is pretty good. Battery life is excellent and I haven't had the phone crash at all since I bought it.

The combination of the front-facing camera for video chat and good battery life mean that I have no regrets about my purchase.

I tried out the 5 Megapixel rear-facing camera the other day and was pleasantly surprised. The photos I took under good lighting conditions were pretty passable. I'm no photography expert, but it was far superior to the camera in the Optimus V - no surprises there...

One issue to be aware of is that Android 4.04 doesn't allow you to store your apps on the SD card- this is not VM or Samsung's problem, but one caused by Google. The Reverb has just over 2 Gigabytes of internal storage left free for apps, despite the specs saying it has 4 Gigs. I'm not sure if this issue can be worked around once the phone gets rooted, but thought it worth mentioning...

I live in the Sacramento area and Sprint's plans to role out 4G here are way off in the future, so I didn't consider the HTC Evo V as I won't be able to get 4G here any time soon.

If price is a factor I would suggest also checking out the HTC One V as it gets pretty good reviews too. The main differences are a slightly smaller screen, and no front-facing camera...
  4. mb41186

mb41186 Well-Known Member

If you have 4G I would recommend the Evo 3d, The battery life I hear on the Evo is horrible though so if your looking for something that'll last you close to a full day with moderate-heavy use then I'd go with the Reverb since it's only 3g. Does not come with a lot of bloatware, Both cameras are pretty good, if you don't like touch wiz which is the stock launcher for this you can always revert to the stock one or Download a new one off the play store.