• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Migrating contacts from symbian to droid

tolx

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
Hello!
Did some reserach on forum,but couldn't find the answer,so asking myself again.
Recently bought Samsung Galaxy Spica (I5700),updated it to 2.1 (that was one long process :D ).
And now I want to switch from my old Nokia E51 and keep contacts in phonebook and maybe sms too.
Googled on it,found spritemigrate app,but it gave me constant errors in converting stage (on PC).Anyway,tried to put output file in samsung and restore it,error again.
So,is there any other solution how to transfer my phonebook to new phone?
SIM card is not an option,because I can't store multiple numbers for one person that way,need to rename.
Thanks!

one option would be to create an account at https://www.mobical.net and sync your Nokia to the website. Just select your phone model and the site will send a push message to your phone for the settings and you can then sync your contacts to the online account at Mobical. Once synced you can then export all your contacts to a file from the Mobical website and import them into your Google Mail account on a PC which will in turn sync them to your phone.
Thats what I did when I upgraded from my old Sony Ericsson C905 to Android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones