Migrating (messages/contacts etc) from iPhone -> Android?

1. blizeH

blizeH Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I've just bought an S3, and unlike the usual nice experience of basically plugging my new iPhone into iTunes and letting everything copy across, I have a feeling I may have a bit more work to do here :)

My email and calendars are all Google Calendars so they're fine, most other apps (games etc) I no I have absolutely no chance of transferring across so am not worried about those, it's mostly the messages and contacts.

Is there any (easy?) way of getting these from my iPhone onto my S3?

Many thanks,
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

The absolute easiest way? Make a backup of your iPhone using iTunes. Install Kies on your computer (just Google it). Plug in your SIII to your computer and wait for Kies to detect it. On kies, under the "sync" tab, look for the restore from backup menu, then on the dropdown menu, choose iPhone backup. Voila, restore your iOS backup to your Samsung device.
  4. blizeH

blizeH Well-Known Member

Kies looks awesome, thank you! It's basically iTunes for Android by the looks of it? Whilst I'm really not a huge fan of having duplicate programs on my machine, I don't think there's a lot of choice if I want to experience both Android (S3) and iOS (iPad)

As a fall back, syncing my contacts via Google seems like a really good shout, thank you :)