• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mikfroyo 4.5 + netarchy = slower then stock 2.2?

dfris2003

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
Hi all,

with a lot of help from this forum, I finally was able to root, install a rom and a custom kernel for my evo, Thanks to all that helped me.

Now i have an evo with
MikFroyo 4.5
netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-havs-nosbc-universal-signed
and setcpu installed.

The thing is its slower then my orginal stock 2.2

I ran 2 benchmarks, the quardarnt, and limpak? Its early i might of misspelled that.

on the limpak test stock was 33-34
with mikfroyo i was 31-32
after kernel 32-33
after setcpu set at 1112 - 35-36

on quadarnt test i was way below the chart where the evo stock 2.2 shows.

so what have i done wrong?
btw setcpu will go to 2245 on my evo autodected

thanks
daryl

Hi all,

with a lot of help from this forum, I finally was able to root, install a rom and a custom kernel for my evo, Thanks to all that helped me.

Now i have an evo with
MikFroyo 4.5
and setcpu installed.

I ran 2 benchmarks, the quardarnt, and limpak? Its early i might of misspelled that.

after kernel 32-33

thanks
daryl

yeah I don't bother checking scores as they can vary too much. how many times did you run the test? are you sure there was nothing running in the background when you did the test?

did you wipe data,cache and dalvik when you flashed the rom?

some kernels don't run that well on some hardware versions. personally I just run the stock kernel. I just go by feel of the phone rather then score and mikfroyo definitely feels faster.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Now i have an evo with
MikFroyo 4.5
and setcpu installed.

after kernel 32-33

thanks
daryl

Yeah, I don't put too much stock in Quadrant/Linpack scores.

Upvote 0
I agree with what everyone here has said. That being said, you never really did say - how is your real world performance? Does the phone seems laggy, or is it just performance tests that you're basing this off? If you really are noticing lag, then you might have a problem. Otherwise, just ignore scores. They're good for determining certain things, but the differences between ROMs is not one of them. Mikfroyo is faster than most other sense ROMs because it's light weight. That's not the type of thing that will show up on a performance test.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones