• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Milestone 2 in Canada?

Spartan61

Lurker
Mar 10, 2011
i've been thinking of getting a Motorola Milestone 2. I live in Toronto, Canada, and am currently on Rogers Wireless network. Does anyone have the Milestone 2 in Canada and is in the same scenario/setting that I am in? Does it work? will it work?
I figure I'll have to get it unlocked, probably off ebay, so I want to be sure that it does work

I do have Motorola Milestone and I can't live without it. It does the trick, IMO.

I really wanted to buy Motorola Milestone 2 or even Global one.

Sorry buddy, but we won't get Milestone 2 neither Global in Canada. We just got the Atrix, why would they release it here now.

Yeah, you would have to buy it on Bestbuy US or Ebay. Get Unlock code (runs around $10-$20).

Yes, Milestone 2 will works on Rogers, Fido..

Upvote 0
this was also been my problem before purchasing the phone, and finally i picked up the d2g.

acturally there are generally 2 versions of milestone1, north-american version and europe version, these 2 versions are running different 3g basebands. the american one running WCDMA 850/1900 and europe version runing WCDMA 900/2100.
i guess the samething will gonna happen on the milestone 2 but i cannot wait for the american version to came out. so d2g became my final choice.

Im using telus so i have to have the WCDMA 850 to use telus' HSPA network.
Rogers/Fido run their 3G on WCDMA 850 so european version milestone 2 will not work. GSM will work fine tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones