Milestone 2: Motoblur made harmless and replaced with ADW launcherTips

Last Updated:

1. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

Just like most Milestone 2 users, I didn't like the Motoblur interface Motorola added to an otherwise excellent smartphone, all the more so because I don't use twitter, facebook, myspace etc.

Luckily, it was very easy to replace it with another launcher.

when I turned on my Milestone 2 for the first time, I had to create a new Motoblur account, but I didn't add any accounts (no gmail, no facebook etc) to it.

I downloaded and installed 'home switcher for Froyo' and then 'ADW launcher' (but I suppose any other launcher would do)

I used home switcher for Froyo to switch to ADW launcher

Now, every time I turn on the phone, the launcher is automaticaly ADW and not Motoblur. In other words, there's no need to worry too much about Motoblur.

I then rooted the phone with z4 root, but the process above does not require rooting. Now that it's rooted, I'll try to freeze the Motoblur apps to prevent them from running and save some RAM, because I suspect Motoblur may still be running in the background

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I do not use MotoBlur acount either. LPP is best for me. Rooted and froze most Blur stuff with TiB.
  3. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member