milestone bad accuracy with google navigation?Support

Last Updated:

1. ragenrok

ragenrok New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a milestone and tried out the google navigation, it pegged me int he right city like 4 seconds which is good, but then proceeded to say its only accurate to 5000m and said I was on the edge of town, when i was in fact in the center as a store, is there a way to improve accuracy? does it get better when you go into big cities?

Can i change the tracker or something? Does it help if I leave the maps on quicker? I only left it open for about 15 seconds, someone said that the gps tracker is very slow, is there a way to change it? im planning on rooting this phone very soon so let me know.

edit: if it helps its a canadian milestone on telus.

Advertisement
  2. UnModified

UnModified Member

Did you turn GPS on? If you don't then from what I understand it tries to triangulate using wireless connections and the accuracy is terrible. Mine (using telus) with GPS enabled is pretty accurate as long as you are outside.

edit: also tap My Location to reset under options.

3. ragenrok

ragenrok New Member This Topic's Starter

alright thx, enabled gps and took my phone about 60 seconds to lock on, after it did It was dead accurate lol. Anyway to speed up lock on times?

4. WirelessGuy

WirelessGuy Well-Known Member

If it is a Telus Milestone ON the Telus network it should lock faster (10-15 seconds), as long as the Telus SUPL server was online and you had a data connection. If you don't have a data connection, or the server was offline then you are stuck using autonomous GPS which will take a bit longer than Assisted GPS (aGPS).

5. ronsalvador

ronsalvador Member

Installed GPS Status and GPS Test from the market and the lock on my location became fast and accurate as long as I'm outside.

6. The Matrix

The Matrix Member

the agps accuracy bug is solved in HK 02.34.3 and 02.36 roms.