Milestone BatteryGeneral

Last Updated:

1. KingdomUK

KingdomUK New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, i had milestone for a week now and my battery seems not to make me very happy!!
    i was wondering what are the specs of the battery ? meaning i could buy a fake one ? -not motorolas i mean- thnx a million

Advertisement
  2. KingdomUK

KingdomUK New Member This Topic's Starter

its 1400mah , and bp6x , could i buy a nokia one instead ?
    in a shop thats the only thing i should ask ? if it is a bp6x ?

3. celios

celios Well-Known Member

A Nokia battery of the equivalent capacity won't fit (they are physically a different size/shape).

Why do you want a fake battery?

You could buy a genuine Motorola one:
    Buy a Motorola Milestone BP6X Battery, #SNN5843A - eXpansys UK

If you are having problems with battery life, search this forum - there is plenty of advice. One of the key things to consider is what is draining the battery? Android 2.0 - installed on your Milestone - provides a chart showing which software / hardware elements are using the battery the most (Settings \ About phone \ Battery use). It's worth looking at this and thinking about how you can reduce drain (switch auto brightness off and switch to a lower brightness on the screen, only sync when you need to, disable 3G/WiFi when not needed, etc.)

It might take a week or so before your phone & battery start to perform optimally though, so if you've just got your phone wait a few days to see if battery life improves.