Milestone camera photos are half black....Support

Last Updated:

1. epuiatti

epuiatti Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i take a photo in the dark just using the flash with a close up photo of an object. Half sometimes 3/4 of the screen is black, i have a feeling its and app because i sent it back to motorola and the re-flashed the phone, it was working fine until i restored all my apps using "my backup pro" and now i have the same problem as before... I need to find out which app is causing the problem.... I also find that the camera doesnt work at full flash capacity because when i press the camera button to focus the testing flash is alot brighter than the flash it uses to take the actual photo...

E.g.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. scg

scg Member

thisi is weird but my is all gone to black some how 0_o'
    hmm.. well after checking some apps, then i found on a support message that advices to pull the battery while phone is on, then put the battery back after 30secs.. and reopen the phone again..

it worked somehow..

3. veki

veki New Member

do any1 kno how to zoom pictures in milestone(droid) in android 2.1??:confused:

4. jontyab

jontyab New Member

Volume keys

5. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

That weird blackness is battery-related i think. It's only happened to me twice, but both times i was pretty low on battery (~30% or under).

6. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

I think it is down to the light metering and/or the failure of the flash to fire at the right time. Sony Ericsson had a similar problem on the K850 or C905 (I forget which) where the flash fired at the wrong time and resulted in pitch-black photos - as the exposure setting has been adjusted for what it expects twill be brightly lit scene.

It could be related to the battery I suppose, but I think it is more likely another issue - perhaps something running in the background that causes the camera app to 'stutter' and mis-time things.

7. TruFatty

TruFatty Member

this happens to my milestone as well, battery can be plugged in, 100% or 20%. it only happens in low to dark area's. i also believe the flash just fires just before the camera can actually snap the image.

8. kizmat

kizmat Member

This is a well known problem with the Milestone. It will only happen when the battery is below 40% or so. If you charge up the battery before taking a picture at night, the flash will fire correctly and the photo will turn up ok (the milestone really doesn't have a great camera). However, if you battery is somewhat low, the flash does not fire correctly and the final image turns out to be ridiculously dark.

TelusMilestone likes this.
  9. maisvet

maisvet New Member

I have bad quality in my photos do anybody knows why?

10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Because all phone cameras are crap.

11. satanduck

satanduck New Member

I confirm that I have this problem as well and it is related to battery. If you can't really charge your battery at that time sometimes restarting the phone solves it too.

12. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

lol well I want a all in one and each thing to be the best!!! Damit why can't they just give us what we want!!!

Although I do find the Milestone camera to be pretty damn good for a phone camera...

CNET Reviews says the
    Samsung Memoir T929

is the best one if you dont mind the price... 8.1mp

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-camera-phones/

13. petersteier

petersteier Member

I think the LED light needed for autofocus in dark environments discharges *something* in the phone, and when the LEDs then need power for the flash, there is not enough there and the flash is tooshort (I have the visual impression that it is actually shorter). My observations support the evidence that this happens only with low battery.
    A possible solution for archiving papers: press the camery button halfway until the green edges indicate proper focussing, wait to give the *something* time to charge up again, an then trigger the photo. Please answer whether this works for you...

14. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Actually the way I fixed this was to just turn the flash off. The pictures came out so much better. There was enough light for it to capture just fine. Now in regards to the battery being almost dead and in very low light there probably wont be much you will be able to do about that.