• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i personally recommend the otterbox commuter case for the milestone. it's rubberized on the inside and hard plastic on the outside. had it for about a month now, and am loving it.

Thanks I will try one... I do like the look. How about the drag on the keyboard when you slide it out? The first ones Motorola put out scratched the keys when you slide it open.:cool:

Upvote 0
Thanks I will try one... I do like the look. How about the drag on the keyboard when you slide it out? The first ones Motorola put out scratched the keys when you slide it open.:cool:

I really recommend the otterbox as well. It doesn't interfere with the slider at all and it is so easy to take off if you want to use your multimedia dock at night. Although it can be quite expensive from otterbox them selfs. I ordered from ebay and got it in 2 days from Illinois in the us to Ontario in Canada and it cost me 20$ less then it would have cost me from otterbox. Great case

Reactions: TelusMilestone
Upvote 0
Had my Otterbox for about 60 days and love it. Keyboard slide works great.

Only downside - you must remove the bottom of the case when you put it in the car mount. For me, that's about once/2 weeks so not a big deal.

its not really that bad i remove the case every night comes off in a second. and you only need to remove the back to use the dock.

Upvote 0
its not really that bad i remove the case every night comes off in a second. and you only need to remove the back to use the dock.

and because stuff gets trapped in there... I've noticed on my other phones which I've had similar cases, if I don't clean it right away (end of the night or when i need to charge it next) its hard to clean when you do end up taking it off... After I started cleaning it every night the phone stayed in premium shape, however the cases clip edges wore down on my old phones case and it fell off constantly! The first two cases for my milestone I had purchased both broke with in a week of buying each other... and funny enough I'd only admit it here that I broke them myself but blamed it on design to get my money back. The clip belt one I twisted too much and broke the plastic housing for the pin that holds the spring back for the clip. The second shell case one black (very nice material like the back outside of the milestone phone) I had put the back on upside down a couple times and the third time it snapped the speaker cut out edge. I took the first clear shell case one back with in days due to its edge clips for the touch screen were dragging on the keyboard and leaving marks in now after complaining, i got the belt one now again and I'm more careful with it. I heard from the Telus guy here they are going to be getting a skin one in soon..hurry... :thinking:
I do like this case as well outterbox looks worthy and plus there is a lot of good comments about it as well... btw I just got the dock recently and it is awesome! Totally worth $39.99! :cool:

Thanks for all the comments!

Upvote 0
and because stuff gets trapped in there... I've noticed on my other phones which I've had similar cases, if I don't clean it right away (end of the night or when i need to charge it next) its hard to clean when you do end up taking it off... After I started cleaning it every night the phone stayed in premium shape, however the cases clip edges wore down on my old phones case and it fell off constantly! The first two cases for my milestone I had purchased both broke with in a week of buying each other... and funny enough I'd only admit it here that I broke them myself but blamed it on design to get my money back. The clip belt one I twisted too much and broke the plastic housing for the pin that holds the spring back for the clip. The second shell case one black (very nice material like the back outside of the milestone phone) I had put the back on upside down a couple times and the third time it snapped the speaker cut out edge. I took the first clear shell case one back with in days due to its edge clips for the touch screen were dragging on the keyboard and leaving marks in now after complaining, i got the belt one now again and I'm more careful with it. I heard from the Telus guy here they are going to be getting a skin one in soon..hurry... :thinking:
I do like this case as well outterbox looks worthy and plus there is a lot of good comments about it as well... btw I just got the dock recently and it is awesome! Totally worth $39.99! :cool:

Thanks for all the comments!

If you do order from otterbox they will cover it if anything happens. Im out of luck if it brakes lol. And yes the dock is great =p.

Out of curiosity did you buy the crappy hard case from telus? Did it affect your slider?

Upvote 0
If you do order from otterbox they will cover it if anything happens. Im out of luck if it brakes lol. And yes the dock is great =p.

Out of curiosity did you buy the crappy hard case from telus? Did it affect your slider?

Yes the first clear case one which dragged the edge clips on the keyboard so I took it back right away and then they gave me the belt clip one which i broke and had bought the black hard case one as a back up. That black one was fine but after a bit ya the clips wore down on it as well and also from me putting it on upside down broke it.

:)

So I look forward to testing out the next one haha :D

It's not like all was lost I do give feedback so they can fix their products hehe :D

Upvote 0
Reactions: TelusMilestone
Upvote 0
rubber softcase:

Silicone Case Soft Skin Cover Motorola Milestone White - eBay (item 290455541737 end time Jul-25-10 12:33:21 PDT)

Patience is a virtue! Thanks!!! Just what I've been waiting for! Although I'm not a fan of ebay I'm willing to try this one as its really cheap!!!

Upvote 0
Did you end up getting this case? How is it?

Not yet but very soon. Monday or Wednesday I will put in the order and it comes next day. Glad I waited as I now work for a company that can get them at cost! The stupid hard shell case ones that are not very good I put over it for now just in case I drop it which I did and it saved it but the case exploded apart as usual. The case was 15$ and my cost was 4.25$ lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones