• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Milestone [G.o.t 2.2.1] Whistle :|

hmm, I still using 2.1, can't help :-(

I had GOT 2.2 problems as well. I had that squeal noise, problems with Titianium back up and everything reseting all the time. The battery life was signifigantly worse then 2.1 so I did go back. It's too bad as I did like the new layout and all the new features but it's not affecting me and I can wait. My phone's battery can last me up to 3 days on 2.1 I hope hey do come out with the official update for the phone in Q1 2011 like they said!

Upvote 0
My phone's battery can last me up to 3 days on 2.1

How did you do that? If I don't use my phone it can go on for maybe 14hrs, but if I use it I need to charge it again by 3pm to last till I go to bed! Probably you have only the basic things running on the background like no extra emails apart from gmail, no gtalk, no weather programs updating, no live wallpaper...is that right?:thinking:

Upvote 0
It will be something on your phone that is doing that. Some app ... I would always charge my phone off and only when it said it needed to be charged. I also used rythem's task manager and it worked awesome. It would not affect crutial system services. I am now running 2.2 and on one charge I'm sitting at over 34 hours with two bars left. So it would seem I have worked out the bugs.

Upvote 0
Ok, now you confused me even more: How do you run FroYo? It's not out yet for the Milestone! :)

I assume the usage is what makes the difference, I have:
- 2 POP3 accounts checking every hour for emails
- a Tube Status application showing live the status of all the lines on the underground
- a weather application with live stats
- Google Latitude constantly refreshing my locations
- gtalk open 24/7
- 2 separate news applications refreshing every hour or so from the 6 RSS feeds they get their information from

...and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few battery draining applications! The thing though is that this is why I wanted a superphone, to be able to do everything on the run, otherwise I would get one of these cheap Nokia phones with Symbian OS that last a week as all you can do is call and text! :)

Upvote 0
I just got the Telus Canada version of 2.2.1 and haven't experienced this whistling sound, and it's been difficult to assess battery life as I have been spending more time with it exploring the new features, options and getting all my apps back.

I have a semi-unrelated question however, if its alright...its about tethering. I read that by rooting my milestone, tethering isnt supposed to affect my data limit...is this true? Is there a specific app needed to "hide" this tethering?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones