Milestone [G.o.t 2.2.1] Whistle :|

Last Updated:

1. EladLeev

EladLeev New Member This Topic's Starter

I just install GOT 2.2.1 Froyo for my Milestone, and my phone makes strange noises when idle mode. The noises is like a Whistle :S
    And I dont know why..Some one have an idea how to solve it?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Rotundjere

Rotundjere Well-Known Member

hmm, I still using 2.1, can't help :-(

3. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

I had GOT 2.2 problems as well. I had that squeal noise, problems with Titianium back up and everything reseting all the time. The battery life was signifigantly worse then 2.1 so I did go back. It's too bad as I did like the new layout and all the new features but it's not affecting me and I can wait. My phone's battery can last me up to 3 days on 2.1 I hope hey do come out with the official update for the phone in Q1 2011 like they said!

4. Xavier

Xavier Well-Known Member

Turn the volume down? :)

I haven't had the problem so far.. What noises are they?

5. Rotundjere

Rotundjere Well-Known Member

I have SOUTH-EAST ASIA version of Milestone (UMTS 900/2100) which has same frequency like European version,

can I install G.O.T using RTEU (European) version for my Milestone ??

6. DemonDomen

DemonDomen Active Member

I have the same problem on the European version. I changed the volume to vibrate and back, which fixed it (for now).

7. siggyzzz

siggyzzz Member

How did you do that? If I don't use my phone it can go on for maybe 14hrs, but if I use it I need to charge it again by 3pm to last till I go to bed! Probably you have only the basic things running on the background like no extra emails apart from gmail, no gtalk, no weather programs updating, no live wallpaper...is that right?:confused:

8. TelusMilestone

It will be something on your phone that is doing that. Some app ... I would always charge my phone off and only when it said it needed to be charged. I also used rythem's task manager and it worked awesome. It would not affect crutial system services. I am now running 2.2 and on one charge I'm sitting at over 34 hours with two bars left. So it would seem I have worked out the bugs.

9. siggyzzz

siggyzzz Member

Ok, now you confused me even more: How do you run FroYo? It's not out yet for the Milestone! :)

I assume the usage is what makes the difference, I have:
    - 2 POP3 accounts checking every hour for emails
    - a Tube Status application showing live the status of all the lines on the underground
    - a weather application with live stats
    - Google Latitude constantly refreshing my locations
    - gtalk open 24/7
    - 2 separate news applications refreshing every hour or so from the 6 RSS feeds they get their information from

...and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few battery draining applications! The thing though is that this is why I wanted a superphone, to be able to do everything on the run, otherwise I would get one of these cheap Nokia phones with Symbian OS that last a week as all you can do is call and text! :)

10. TelusMilestone

I run Froyo with GOTs custom rom. Definately all those things running are whats draining the battery. Usually the screen is the thing that drains it the most.

11. siggyzzz

siggyzzz Member

GOTs ROM is not really stable and I use my phone on a constant basis :-(

I have Milestone 2 now anyway so I'm happy bunny now! lol

12. crankinstein

crankinstein New Member

I just got the Telus Canada version of 2.2.1 and haven't experienced this whistling sound, and it's been difficult to assess battery life as I have been spending more time with it exploring the new features, options and getting all my apps back.

I have a semi-unrelated question however, if its alright...its about tethering. I read that by rooting my milestone, tethering isnt supposed to affect my data limit...is this true? Is there a specific app needed to "hide" this tethering?

Thanks in advance.