Milestone lost EdgeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. eachna

eachna Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having repeated trouble with the Edge service on my German-based milestone that I'm using in the US. I can't connect at all. The sim works in other phones and I've already wiped it multiple times.

The Edge icon shows but the up/down arrows are always grey (no data up/down). Is there anything I can do on the software side to try to kickstart it? It does seem to roughly coincide with the update to 2.1, so, I have some vague hope there may be a way to fix it.

If not, is there a 3rd party company that handles repairs? I know, for example, that you can get iphones repaired online. Motorola Europe refuses to handle it, claiming I can only get it fixed if I live in Europe.

Advertisement
  2. FadedSpark

FadedSpark Active Member

If edge is connecting, it's working. Doesn't necessarily mean it will get much of a signal/data connection, but it IS connected ;)

3. eachna

Well, Edge service used to work on my phone. It now doesn't work in ANY location, I haven't downloaded *ANY* data over my edge connection since sometime around my 2.1 update.

It doesn't work anywhere out in public, even when I stand next to the local cell tower. Wifi works but I need edge as well. I'm (literally) lost without my Google Nav and I often use Google Voice.

So if you're saying that seeing the Edge "E" with the arrows is a good sign, that's helpful. But, I could still use some troubleshooting help getting data flowing through the Edge pipe.

Gwen

4. TruFatty

TruFatty Member

did your APN information get wiped or edited?

5. FadedSpark

FadedSpark Active Member

Would not show up as the edge E symbol, without an accurate APN android doesn't get a data connection symbol.

Try a factory reset? I know it's a lot, but you're problem sounds rather weird. And on that note, I've stumbled across the factory reset button before, I just don't remember where...

6. eachna

So...

Edge service wasn't working in my phone for a couple weeks. During that time I wiped it multiple times, took out the battery, reseated the micro-sd and SIM card several times, etc.

Then the other day I took out my micro sd card again to load some music, and after I plugged it back in, the Edge icon was merrily showing up/downloads.

I don't know what happened, but I'm thrilled to have Edge back. It worked over a long weekend so I'm pretty sure it's back for good.

Thanks for looking over the problem.

Gwen