Milestone modding

Last Updated:

1. milestone17

milestone17 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Android Team,

I have a milestone running stock 2.1 update 1. I have tried several times to root and flash using many different methods and have followed countless tutorials/videos line by line. No success!! :mad: Latest fails say e signature verification failure install aborted. I have wasted hours and have decided to give up.
    Do anyone know of a legit and trustworthy place I could send the phone to get it custom rooted and rommed with 2.2?

Thanks for the help

Advertisement
  2. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

Soon as you find it, let the world know, as you'd be the first. :)

Nobody outside of Motorola or those testing it at the various carriers have a Milestone running 2.2, because the bootloader is locked up tight, preventing any custom ROMs.

3. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

90% of the signature verfications are because your Vulnerable recovery wasn't done right. I had this issues more than too many times myself on one of my flashes. I tried using a copy of the VR from a different source and it worked. I recommend trying THIS copy. It's the one that worked for me. Then try your update.zip again.

As for your initial question: as said 2.2 isn't available yet for the milestone, since we need a signed copy (until we have an unlocked bootloader). I don't believe there is anybody offering professional services to root phones, though I'm sure some users here or at XDA would do it for a nominal fee.

4. Mortus

Mortus Well-Known Member

Using the stickied thread I was able to root no problem. If you already have 2.1 then simply skip the updating steps and skip directly to flashing the vulnerable recovery and proceed from there.

5. yashodhan92

yashodhan92 Member

same problem here mate! :( could u finally root it?

6. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member