Milestone or N1? Touch Screen Issue?Support

Last Updated:

1. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I was planning on picking up a Motorola Milestone but I am kind of turned off by the slower processor and less RAM. Also, I would like to have Android updates and not wait for them and I am sure that since this phone is direct from Google that it would get updates fast. But my real problem is this whole touch screen issue I have been reading about? Does it effect you in normal typing because there is no physical fall back...
    YouTube - Google Nexus One Touch Screen Problem #3
    This video shows that it is not just multi-touch problems. Is there going to be a software fix or is the touch screen sensors just to awful compared to better ones like in the Milestone/Droid?
    Any help would be great.

Advertisement
  2. chyau.00

chyau.00 Well-Known Member

shouldnt u post this on the Nexus forums if u want to know about their screen?

but as a milestone user, I can tell you that I rarely get the chance to draw. I usually type on the physical keyboard and only use the touch screen to tap/pinch zoom.

3. gilbilly

gilbilly Active Member

it happens on the milestone as well but it only seems to happen to mine is laying flat like in the video. Wonder if it's accelerometer related.

4. RedMist

RedMist Well-Known Member

i had this problem on my Nexus, but not noticed it once since upgrading to a Milestone

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

5. Enygma

Enygma Well-Known Member

I have had some issues with the touch screen on the milestone as well. mostly with the pinch to zoom feature. sometimes it just doesn't work, maybe because the page isn't loaded yet, I'm not sure.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If you are afraid of N1 issues get the Desire.

7. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, they know about these issues. And I see.
    Good to know and I don't think it is. The Nexus One just had the Synaptics ClearPad 2000 or something similar to that if I remember correctly.
    Thank you. I only want the Nexus due to the 1GHz Snapdragon vs the 528MHz.
    Canada. Though the bands would work. I am not a big fan of optical trackballs but I would be fine with it. They do not have the same screens?

8. bhushi1

bhushi1 New Member

hi People,

I have unlocked motorola milestone with android 2.1 factory installed.
    i have strange touch screen keyboard/keypadproblem from past 2 days.
    my touchscreen key pad does not respond to the numbers 2.5,8,0 when i try to dial. instead it presses the lefthand side or righthand side number.
    also when i use touch screen keyboard when i press character 'b or v or c' it presses character 'n or x '.pretty strange

as you see only the characters which appear on the centre of screen when phone is held in vertical position are not responding.
    I have done factory reset of my phone twice but did solve the problem. i also tried few different keyboard apps but didn't work.
    I have always used the default keyboard app which comes with milestone.
    I am not touching anywhere else on screen as i know Milestone is multitouch.
    I this an software or an hardware issue. What should i do?
    Will the service center people be of some help or replace? I have a bad experience earlier with HTC phone.
    Milestone is pretty expensive in India. :(