Milestone problems (Turning off, Call Cuts)Support

Last Updated:

1. nikral

nikral New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 22, 2010
    So I personally don't have a Milestone, but I am helping a co-worker with his. Right now he is with Telus and just got a new Milestone (with all current updates). The problems are as follows:

1) With his original Milestone people were saying that his voice was cutting in and out so much that it was not possible to talk to him. He took it to the place he got it, they tried someone else's SIM and it still happened, so they gave him a new phone. Now with this new one he has now he says the calls cutting out isn't as bad. Anyone know the solution to this?

2) Now with this new current phone whenever he turns it off, it will turn itself back on within 10min every single time. Any easy solution to this?

I've read that we could root the phone and install a kernel onto it to possible fix the problem of the turning off, but for one I don't really trust myself to play with someone else's phone and maybe causing it to brick.

Any help will be great!

2. roriii

roriii Member

Jun 7, 2009
    well we dont have that issue im on telus and with rooting or without rooting i dont have those issue you mention but there is a small bugg but not as bad
  3. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    I believe the reboot problem happens to all the telus milestones. As for the call problem you could try switching your crystaltalk settings (settings>call settings>crystaltalk setting).
  4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    First try flashing this firmware to fix the off-on bug:
    Update for FRANCE and TELUS released G.O.T.'s Blog

As for the voice cutting ... the Milestone has a second mic for ambiance noise cancellation. This mic is located at the top of the device on the back side (where the rubbery pad is). It's a very small hole tight at the edge of that pad. If you cover that hole with your finger while in a call your voice might get cut off. Try holding the phone differently (sounds like the solution for the latest iPhone ****up - LOL).
    This works for me and I sure wish there was an option to turn this noise cancellation off because it's bugging me too.