Milestone randomly powering on after turning off.Support

Last Updated:

1. tarararocket

tarararocket New Member This Topic's Starter

My boyfriend and I bought Milestones from Telus last week and have noticed when we go to use our phone in the morning it's already powered on. Last night I turned it off and 20-30 minutes later it powered itself back on. Is this because I need to log out of apps? (facebook, gtalk, etc) Or is there some option I'm just not finding? It's rather annoying!

Advertisement
  2. Xavier

Xavier Well-Known Member

Hi :)

That's a bit of a weird issue, were your phones on charge when they are turning on? Were they charging via USB or normal power?

3. Christian&wu

Christian&wu Member

That is a common problem ,I think it caused by software collision .I suggest that update the system to original one .
    Could you give me more details about you phone ? Such as the version of the system of you milestone and under what circumstances that your phone could power on automatically .

4. lobug

lobug Banned

This happened to me too. Stock 2.1 update applied. This was happening before with a lot of apps and a rooted 2.1 so I flashed back to stock 2.1 and it still does it...

This is so annoying

5. 2bneil

2bneil New Member

My Milestone is less than a week old, and it powers back up after a few minutes forcing me to go through the shut down routine again. I am less than happy. I turn my phone off so I don't get unwanted calls in the middle of the night. :mad:

6. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

This is a bug created in the 2.1 software update. Also if your phone is ever on and it goes to the boot screen that is also a bug. The 2.2 update should fix this problem when we get it ( lol when ) , or you could install the new kernel fix they have floating around but you need root first.

andrzewi likes this.
  7. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

ya ever since I rooted mine applied the fix I dont seem to have any issues with that.. the odd time when I reboot or power up the phone it will get stuck at the M boot screen and all I have to do is press the power button once..

You can turn your phone on silent and you wont get bothered from calls in the middle of the night with the phone off.. if your not even charging it take the battery out.. id like to see it power up after that lol

8. LifeInAnalog

LifeInAnalog Well-Known Member

...happened to me last night at exactly 1am. The one previous time to this was also right on the hour...but can't remember if it was midnight or 1am. Just co-incidence I'm sure, but weird.