Milestone rebooting 40+ times per day!!Support

Last Updated:

1. datNYchik

datNYchik Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am the owner of an Unlocked Canadian Milestone, Android 2.1, on AT&T. Like many other users, I've been battling the reboting issue. It was a big problem on 1.6, but 2.1 improved it greatly-- at least, at the beginning. It has gotten prgressively worse so that it is rebooting almost 40x per day! I read Damien8's thread, but my issue is different in that the ONLY time the phone does NOT reboot is when it's connected to the charger or PC. I've removed apps, cahnged settings, and I have logs that I've exported from the phone using the SendLog app, but i have no idea how to decipher that stuff. I don't know much about flashing stuff and all that fancy stuff, but I can learn. Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to fix this? It is becoming a real problem.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

datNYchik likes this.
  3. datNYchik

Okay....I have never done anything like this, would you say that it is extremely difficult? Is there some step-by-step page that I need to look at? Part of me doesn't want to brick this phone because I paid so much for it, but I am so disallusioned that I almost don't care...my husband just rooted his dell streak and put 2.2 on it, but he won't help me because he doesn't want me to fuss at him if he messes up...

4. Szadzik

Not difficult at all. Maybe a few more steps in the case of 2.2, but with stock 2.1 ROM it is just downloading the SBF file, RSDLite and installing the latter. Then you just launch RSDLite and press the Browse button to find the SBF file you have on you hard drive and after that press Start. As easy as ABC.

datNYchik likes this.
  5. datNYchik

Okay, that's good, thanks. One more question...do you know how this would fix the problem? Like how flashing the "SBF" would stop this rebooting? Why does this reboot problem even happen? I've notcied that it's a complain that many Milestone users have...

6. Szadzik

99% of such issues are caused by software and not hardware. You could try and restore the phone to factory defaults, the problem is though, that it will only restore what is already on the phone and if that something is broken restoring it will not help. You need to apply a completely clean ROM so that all files that may be broken are replaced.

7. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Szadzik is right, whenever I restore with my original SBF it always fixes my phone with software issues! Now I tend to try new things all the time and if anything ever goes wrong just flash the SBF and all is working again. I don't need to set up much so it's not a big hassle for me.

8. PS22K

PS22K New Member

My Milestone used to reboot 3-5 times per day ever since i got it. BUT, ever since i installed Laucher Pro last week. My phone has not rebooted by itself once. Dont know if and how LP fixed the issue. Does it even make sense ?