• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minecraft Pocket Edition Review and Gameplay

So I'm confused right now. I watched the preview of the touch controls from Mojang and it says that Pocket Edition was supposed to release on the 29th, this past thursday for other Android devices...did that not happen? I mean surely it would be able to play on my Evo 4G, Evo 3D or most hopefully my Xoom...but it says not compatible with all my devices?

Upvote 0
So I'm confused right now. I watched the preview of the touch controls from Mojang and it says that Pocket Edition was supposed to release on the 29th, this past thursday for other Android devices...did that not happen? I mean surely it would be able to play on my Evo 4G, Evo 3D or most hopefully my Xoom...but it says not compatible with all my devices?

They are still busy with a very nast bug. Rumour has it they won't be releasing this week..

Vid of the bug on a Samsung Galaxy S:
Minecraft - Pocket Edition bug on Samsung Galaxy S. - YouTube

Upvote 0
They are still busy with a very nast bug. Rumour has it they won't be releasing this week..

Vid of the bug on a Samsung Galaxy S:
Minecraft - Pocket Edition bug on Samsung Galaxy S. - YouTube

A nasty bug they found on Sept 28th. I followed the Twitter account of one of the developers but dropped it because it seemed more like a personal account than one that tracked the progress of the game. It didn't seem like this bug was a high priority based on what I could tell though. I would be surprised to see this come out anytime soon based on the communications coming from this company.

Reactions: bishop92t
Upvote 0
Well I can say it run perfectly on my Xoom, but not so much on my Evo 3D. I get large and I mean LARGE graphical errors on my Evo 3D. Some kind of rendering issue where the sections of the map just turn into a pink square and there is tearing in the sky.

Overall, the game is a step in the right direction. I hope they decide to bring over all the same mechanics in the pc game to the Android version as I'm already quite bored with just building. I want mobs, animals, mining and crafting!

Upvote 0
Ignorance alert!!!

Never played this game and I never heard of it until recently. Looks like a lego game to me? So, can you shoot things or is it a puzzle game? :eek:

Currently on the Android platform it is just a building game.

More then likely they will port the otheraspects of the PC version so that there will be crafting, mining (to get the raw materials to craft with), animals to hunt, for food/materials, mobs (zombies, skeletons, creepers sssssssBOOM), and much more. think of it as the ultimate sandbox game where you decide what you want to do.

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
Currently on the Android platform it is just a building game.

More then likely they will port the otheraspects of the PC version so that there will be crafting, mining (to get the raw materials to craft with), animals to hunt, for food/materials, mobs (zombies, skeletons, creepers sssssssBOOM), and much more. think of it as the ultimate sandbox game where you decide what you want to do.
My son plays the PC game and it can be a server based game on the PC. Can the Android version be played in a multi-player mode?

Thanks, John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones